which piano sample used more?

Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Re: which piano sample used more?

Post by RedLeo »

Six-string-man wrote: I'm probably weird, as I also like the Studio 1 and 2 Grands just as much as the Steinway Bosendorfer or Fazioli.
No wierder than me - I've always preferred the Yamaha Studio Grand 2. Nice and thick in the middle, and a good balanced all-rounder.
spradders
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Post by spradders »

Me too: Yamaha Studio Grand 2
Lophophora
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Post by Lophophora »

Add me to the list: Studio Grand 2 is my all-time favorite.
Frantz
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Post by Frantz »

The "Concert Grand 1 Close ( Steinway D ) Large" sounds true for me, and it's very versatile when you apply eq on it.

Of course there are more impressive pianos like the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand, the Bright Yam S4, the Fazioli, the SK7, but ... the Concert Grand 1 Close Steinway D is the one I use more at the end.

edit : eq setting depends on the PA.
Last edited by Frantz on 04 Jan 2016, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
AlQuinn
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Post by AlQuinn »

The past few rock and blues gigs I played mostly the Silver Grand. I also have the Bright Grand loaded and use it if I need a more cutting sound. I've used the Fazoli and Studio Grand 2 in the past and like them also. The Studio Grand 2 never sounded very good to me at home but for some reason it sounds, plays, and blends really nice with a blues or rock band. For jazz gigs I play a CP4 because I can't connect properly with the Nord action (i.e., I had a Stage 2 HA88 for three and half years before selling it). I play classical only at home on a Yamaha C3.
pcarrilho
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Post by pcarrilho »

I love the Grand Upright for solo piano.
For pop music, i like to use a bright piano (Silver Grand L). O love the Studio Grand 1 (not the 2).
In Jazz context, I like the new Velvet.
The Imperial grand i don't like...
[hr]
Nord Stage 2 HA88
www.sounds4nord.com
Quai34
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Post by Quai34 »

Grand imperial and fazioli, both in XL size, just switch between them depending on songs, using it for jazz, practice, composing, gigs....EQ is flat....two Genelec 8040 in the studio, two Yorkcille parasource Ps-10P for gigs....good speakers and amplification, then, no need for EQ....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Scorps
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Post by Scorps »

I have a Stage Classic and with its small amount of memory I can afford only one L or even M sized piano sample at a time, in addition of a couple of electrics and Clavinet. Tried all of them, but still keep coming back to the good ol' Studio Grand 2. I just love the immediately sensitive feel and realism of that piano.

I mostly keep my EQ flat and many sound engineers say they don't use any EQ on me neither. For rock'n'roll I crank up the high EQ, also I like the Silver Grand for louder music - it cuts through the mix better.

Not that the other pianos are bad, absolutely not, but the Studio Grand 2 keeps amazing me again and again for some reason. I have mistaken it for a real grand when listening the recordings of my rehearsals and gigs.
dosti

Post by dosti »

Grand imperial, for me the most lively piano to use when playing with the band (rock/blues). Italian Grand I like for instance if the piano needs to be a bit more a "warm" sound (for instance I like to blend it with strings). Occasionally I like to use the Grand Upright.
daniel70

Post by daniel70 »

I like the Grand Upright (Yamaha) with a little eq very much!
These users thanked the author daniel70 for the post:
bluesy2a