Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: which piano sample used more?

Postby spradders » 04 Jan 2016, 01:38

Me too: Yamaha Studio Grand 2
spradders
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 4

Sponsor

Postby Lophophora » 04 Jan 2016, 10:11

Add me to the list: Studio Grand 2 is my all-time favorite.
Lophophora

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2 EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby Frantz » 04 Jan 2016, 11:58

The "Concert Grand 1 Close ( Steinway D ) Large" sounds true for me, and it's very versatile when you apply eq on it.

Of course there are more impressive pianos like the Bosendorfer Imperial Grand, the Bright Yam S4, the Fazioli, the SK7, but ... the Concert Grand 1 Close Steinway D is the one I use more at the end.

edit : eq setting depends on the PA.
Last edited by Frantz on 04 Jan 2016, 12:01, edited 1 time in total.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby AlQuinn » 04 Jan 2016, 15:40

The past few rock and blues gigs I played mostly the Silver Grand. I also have the Bright Grand loaded and use it if I need a more cutting sound. I've used the Fazoli and Studio Grand 2 in the past and like them also. The Studio Grand 2 never sounded very good to me at home but for some reason it sounds, plays, and blends really nice with a blues or rock band. For jazz gigs I play a CP4 because I can't connect properly with the Nord action (i.e., I had a Stage 2 HA88 for three and half years before selling it). I play classical only at home on a Yamaha C3.
AlQuinn

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

Postby pcarrilho » 10 Jan 2016, 14:34

I love the Grand Upright for solo piano.
For pop music, i like to use a bright piano (Silver Grand L). O love the Studio Grand 1 (not the 2).
In Jazz context, I like the new Velvet.
The Imperial grand i don't like...

Nord Stage 2 HA88
www.sounds4nord.com
pcarrilho

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Quai34 » 11 Jan 2016, 09:29

Grand imperial and fazioli, both in XL size, just switch between them depending on songs, using it for jazz, practice, composing, gigs....EQ is flat....two Genelec 8040 in the studio, two Yorkcille parasource Ps-10P for gigs....good speakers and amplification, then, no need for EQ....
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby Scorps » 26 Jan 2016, 19:35

I have a Stage Classic and with its small amount of memory I can afford only one L or even M sized piano sample at a time, in addition of a couple of electrics and Clavinet. Tried all of them, but still keep coming back to the good ol' Studio Grand 2. I just love the immediately sensitive feel and realism of that piano.

I mostly keep my EQ flat and many sound engineers say they don't use any EQ on me neither. For rock'n'roll I crank up the high EQ, also I like the Silver Grand for louder music - it cuts through the mix better.

Not that the other pianos are bad, absolutely not, but the Studio Grand 2 keeps amazing me again and again for some reason. I have mistaken it for a real grand when listening the recordings of my rehearsals and gigs.
Scorps

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage Classic

Postby dosti » 27 Jan 2016, 23:32

Grand imperial, for me the most lively piano to use when playing with the band (rock/blues). Italian Grand I like for instance if the piano needs to be a bit more a "warm" sound (for instance I like to blend it with strings). Occasionally I like to use the Grand Upright.
dosti

Postby daniel70 » 09 Feb 2016, 23:03

I like the Grand Upright (Yamaha) with a little eq very much!

The author daniel70 was thanked by:
bluesy2a
daniel70

Postby themixtape » 05 Mar 2016, 00:06

EDIT:

For me, an indie/ambient/folk type (favorite bands: Azure Ray, Ida, Copeland, Daughter, Ingrid Michaelson, etc)... I think the Black Upright is my favorite (used to be Queen Upright). That, Studio Grand 2, Rain and Blue Swede are the ones, I think. The Grand Upright is also incredibly impressive, and a perfect mix of an upright sound with grand clarity.

I don't use most of the Grands as much... Lady D is really nice but I keep going back to the Studio Grand, Imperial or Velvet... also the Bright Grand is perfect for live use. The Uprights though... man... they're definitely it.

I do a lot of home studio stuff, and all those pianos sound great through a crappy set of Behringer MS16s, or a decent 2.1 computer speaker set with subwoofer... I never use EQ... they all sound great without it (recorded, or through a pair of JBL EON612's).
Last edited by themixtape on 27 Dec 2016, 21:33, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------------
http://www.chriscaulder.net
http://patreon.com/chriscaulder
-------------------------------------------------------
themixtape

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum