Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Another bank/program query?

Postby snerkler » 13 Aug 2011, 19:40

Spent some time today playing with the NP88 and the sound manager and getting to grips with it a lot more and all the functions are making sense. However, I ahve another query. When I cycle through the banks not only does it change the parameters (EQ's, effects etc) it also changes the piano. For example I now have 5 different grand pianos on my NP 88, if I'm in program 1 (number 1 on the program buttons) with Bright piano selected and then cycle through the banks (using the up/down buttons at the side of the display), ie go from Grand 1 to grand 2 to grand 3 etc the piano sound also changes from Bright to Lady to studio grand etc. Is there a way you can scroll through the banks but keep the same piano sound eg bright piano?
If I move through the program buttons ie press 1, 2, 3 etc the piano stays the same, but then as I scroll up and down through the banks the piano sound again changes.
Cheers
(P.S. I hope I've used the terms bank and program right? If not I hope you understanf what I'm getting at)
Last edited by snerkler on 31 Jul 2012, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.
snerkler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Another bank/program query?

Sponsor

Re: Another bank/program query?

Postby roycool » 29 Aug 2011, 20:22

A program fits with a bank sound.
If you want to go from the bank 3 to the bank 1for exemple, do it with the bank button.

What is a program : it is a sound (bank) with effects (reverb, eq...)
Last edited by roycool on 31 Jul 2012, 12:24, edited 2 times in total.

The author roycool was thanked by:
snerkler
roycool

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum