The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Pedals for C2D

Postby Mooser » 13 Sep 2015, 09:39

That looks like a great pedal-set! About 1600 USD? (Converted from lbs.) That is a good price less than H or N if I'm not mistaken. And I didn't know what a wide range of organs Viscount makes.
Last edited by Mooser on 13 Sep 2015, 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Sponsor

Postby orcoaffamato » 13 Sep 2015, 10:27

I bought it directly from the factory (they are italian too), I wrote to them (http://www.viscountinstruments.com/contact-us/) and their sales manager Italia replied to me, I asked some informations, he sent me the techincal data sheet and a quote. In the end, he made me a 40% discount on their factory price.So, with the 2 expression pedals set (it's an accessory), I payed it (including shipping) €1027. :thumbup:

I saw the radial model at Thomann's website on sale for around €1500 :shock:
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
orcoaffamato

Postby tacitus » 17 Sep 2015, 10:51

That's a pretty good deal - and a pretty neat pedalboard, too. Good to see you managed to find just the tools for your particular job. I decided to go with the Nord pedals for my own reasons, and if I need a 'proper' set later it'll be the ones that are closest to the church organs I get to play as my technique improves. So that's a work in progress for me. Meanwhile, since I focus on Baroque repertoire at home, the Nord pedals suit me fine - they're a lot better than the ones in my own village church!

I looked at the Viscount website and they do have a really good selection of pedalboards. If you buy at list price here in the UK they're not especially cheap, but Viscount do have possibly the best track record in electronic organ building. I'm not far from the UK distributor's HQ, so I'll probably pay them a visit if I get onto this any time soon.
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby ebowen4221 » 18 Sep 2015, 03:53

I built my own set of pedals for left foot bass. 17 notes, C to F. I chopped an old Hammond pedal board down, made a spot for so,e switches, wired them a,l up to a Highly Liquid midi encoder, and bam. MIDI pedals. Took a weekend, cost about $150 for old beat up pedals, midi encoder and wood. PM me if you want pictures, as I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. Maybe I'll just make a public Facebook link.
Nord C2, Nord Stage 2, Moog Sub37, Moog Minitaur
Hammond A100, Wurlitzer P200A
ebowen4221

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby ebowen4221 » 22 Sep 2015, 01:59

Here is a link, I think it works. Take a look!

It's some DIY Hammond/C2 midi pedals.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... cfb9749f33
Nord C2, Nord Stage 2, Moog Sub37, Moog Minitaur
Hammond A100, Wurlitzer P200A
ebowen4221

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby funkylaundry » 21 Dec 2015, 01:55

Hi AwRog,

I just discovered your thread after posting about a pedalboard I stumbled upon. I send you a PM in here as well because it might be quite ideal for your needs. Have a look at my thread: nord-c1-c2-c2d-organ-forum-f13/look-what-i-just-found-pedals-t10120.html

AwRog wrote:Hi all,

I've just bought a Nord C2D.
I play classical music as well as contemporary music for electric organ (solo and chamber music) as well as theatre organ music and the occasional jazz (offcourse)

For now I use the Hammond 13 note XPK-100

I'm looking for 'full' a pedal board, 25 or 27 keys.

I really like the looks of the Nord Pedal Keys 27, but it does not satisfy my needs because it is not polyphonic.
In classical and contemporary music polyphonic pedal playing occurs regularly.

The choices are rather limited, and alternatives are usually heavier and difficult to transport.

Question: can the Nord Pedal Keys 27 be made polyphonic? (e.g. I'm thinking about installing a second midi-interface...)
Or are there any other polyphonic pedalboards that are compatible with the C2D (preferably 'light-weight' and transportable)

Thanx in advance
Nord Stage 3 compact, Nord C2D, Nord Wave 2, Hammond B-3, Leslie 147, Leslie 122RV, Wurlitzer 200, Fender Rhodes Stage 73, Clavinet D6, Moog Sub 37, DSI REV 2
funkylaundry

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum