Share your Synth Programs/Patches for the Nord Lead Series (NL, NL2, NL2x, NL3, NL4, Nord Lead A1)
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your program/patch.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of programs and samples.

Recreate a specific NL1 sound on my NL4

Postby pixelfighters » 29 Nov 2015, 13:10

I am dealing with a sound problem which almost makes me want to buy me a NL1 again :)

I have this track where i use some overtone like FM sound, which varies in length depending on the note played. Short on a higher note, longer on a lower note. Since i am working on a final version i try to recreate this effect and don't land anywhere near that sound with my nl4. The parameters i know is that i've used for this were the mod env section (decay and amount) and the fm amount

Even worse: i think many NL1 patches i've made sounded a little "better" but the interface of the NL4 is sooooo much easier to handle

Anyone an idea how to recreate the attached sound? (i am talking about the overtone thing at the start of the note which goes from a split second on high not to half a second or so on the lowest note)

i sometimes get a sound somehow similar, but usually "harsher" and with the same length - no matter which tone i play

hope the question is not too blunt, but any ideas? :)

best regards
Attachments
nl1-overtone.mp3
(655.1 KiB) Downloaded 2776 times
pixelfighters

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Recreate a specific NL1 sound on my NL4

Sponsor

Return to Nord Lead Programs