Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

anyone cares to share their experience with the nord wave

Postby ratmann » 30 Jul 2013, 01:13

Hi!

i'm looking for some people to tell how they use the nord wave (live, in the studio, in rehearsal, etc), how they create patches, program, etc. Some guidelines thru the whole process.

Right now it's been dificult for me to understand the nord wave on how to create programs, i mostly use mellotron samples since a huge fan of the white keyboard. I bought the nord wave for its versatil use in stage (synth and samples), this way i only have this small monster and nothing else. But i'm having some problems understanding it, i've watched every video available but there's nothing like a guideline on making sounds, everything seems to go down a road i do not wish to follow, like sampling vst's and making house beat patterns.

I play in a band with a lot of dynamics so nothing stays in place at the end of the song. I use a lot of synth for making pads and ambience and a lot of mellotron voices and strings (like I said huge fan of the mellotron). I also use a nord electro 3 SW73 on stage, i bought this one for the hammond engine and the pianos, never cared for the sampling feature on this keyboard, but is very nice to have that possibility, just in case.

Well that's it for me, i've been use it just moving things around until it sounds close to what i want but there's always something missing.

See you around. Hope to read you soon.
ratmann

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

anyone cares to share their experience with the nord wave

Sponsor

Re: anyone cares to share their experience with the nord wav

Postby DJKeys » 30 Aug 2013, 20:22

The Nord Wave is essentially a virtual version of a two oscillator analog synth using subtractive synthesis. There is an excellent tutorial in the Nord Wave User Guide, and tons of stuff on the web:

http://www.nordkeyboards.com/downloads/manuals/nord%20wave/Nord%20Wave%20Manual%20v2.x%20(eng).pdf

Look at Synthesis Basics on page 54.

-dj
Last edited by DJKeys on 30 Aug 2013, 20:24, edited 4 times in total.

Nord Stage 3
Nord Wave 2
Yamaha U3
iMac i7 13.5.2
Studio One 5.5.2
Nektar T4
Drawmer DL 241
Focusrite ISA Two
Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre

The author DJKeys was thanked by 2 members, including:
ratmannpablomastodon
DJKeys
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave 2

Postby ratmann » 30 Sep 2013, 11:05

thx for the response, but i was looking for a more "user" perspective .... i mean ... i've read the manual ... but there are some stuff i don't fully understand, when it comes to the sound. That's why i'm always looking for user vids or tutorials on instruments and how they use it, this works great for me.

Well, since this thread didn't go how i hope, i'll guess i'll give it a try to the manual again.
ratmann

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Postby Philip » 29 Jul 2015, 12:23

Hard to say. I bought it and never had a synth like this before (workstations like Roland Fantom) and i find it very logical. I can make what i want evrytime i try. Some of the functions are very powerful: the distortion, the osc/mix, frequency and Res/vocal. Try, try, try! Of course, it's easier when you start with a preset sound that can be compared to what you want and modify it till you get what you really want. It's better to use this machine for Genesis/Yes/80's sounds: so powerful!!

Good luck!
covertramp.com
facebook.com/pages/Covertramp/181164665406956
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7CebH ... e=youtu.be
Philip

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Doc Tonewheel » 07 Nov 2015, 19:09

One of the reasons I bought the Wave, was that it is so easy to load samples and set up performances. Need to cover a song, sample the bit up, load it into the Wave. Super simple, not to mention that you have a great synth on top of that.

The author Doc Tonewheel was thanked by:
pablomastodon
Doc Tonewheel

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Wave Forum