Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

ND2 bank change from Max 7

Postby meridian » 12 Oct 2015, 22:12

Hello,

I'm working with MAX/MSP and ND2 and trying to perform a bank change in ND2. I'm trying to work out the two values requested; LSB and MSB. I've tried several combinations to make the bank change but still have not response. I've tried these combination as put in the manual:

CC 0, value 0 - LSB- (I'm just not sure which value to use in LSB, I read somewhere that the correct value is '0')
CC 32, value 4 (bank 5, the one I want) -MSB-

I read somewhere that program change trigger the bank also. So far I got no response from the machine. Any ideas?

Another question:
Are these values (LSB and MSB) to send one after the other on the same message, or one after the other in time?

Thanks a lot!
meridian

ND2 bank change from Max 7

Sponsor

Re: ND2 bank change from Max 7

Postby wartaler » 13 Oct 2015, 21:06

Hi!
Check a couple of things in the MIDI settings:

First, check if the global ('GL') MIDI channel matches the one you send your CCs or PCs to,
Second, make sure the ND2 receives CCs or PCs, check the following MIDI settings, (taken from the manual) :

PC - Program Change can be set to Off, Send only, Receive only and both Send and Receive. Set this to receive if you want to change the programs on the Nord Drum 2 from a MIDI controller or a sequencer.
Range: PC.Of, PC.S, PC.r, PC.Sr (in your case choose one of the latter two options)

CC - Control Change can be set to Off, Send only, Receive only and both Send and Receive. Set this to receive if you want to change parameters on the Nord Drum 2 from a MIDI controller or a sequencer.
Range: CC.Of, CC.S, CC.r, CC.Sr. (in your case choose one of the latter two options)

CC Bank Select requires a pair of LSB and MSB values (Least Significant - and Most Significant Byte) to be acknowledged. Transmit the LSB value first, then the MSB value.

Hope this helps,
Albert
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum