Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Help With Electro 2 and updating

Postby greendiamondjim » 09 Oct 2015, 06:36

hey out there - just got a great deal on an Electro 2 that seems to be running great and I just need it for light studio use. One issue, it won't save
patches, which doesn't really matter for me, but I was hoping to do a "factory reset" on it thinking it might just be a glitch, but I seem to be finding that the OS is not really updatable anymore. I have a fairly newish Mac ( from 2012) but I think it's a PowerPC. Should i just leave it as is, or can I get it to talk tot he Sound Manager? I downloaded that, it opens, but won't see this keyboard when plugged into the USB. It seems to indicate on the Sound Manager that the electro 2 may not be supported. If anyone can help me either just pack it in or with an easy way to reset it, please let me know! Thanks)
greendiamondjim

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2

Help With Electro 2 and updating

Sponsor

Re: Help With Electro 2 and updating

Postby pablomastodon » 09 Oct 2015, 09:07

greendiamondjim wrote:It seems to indicate on the Sound Manager that the electro 2 may not be supported.

That's because it is not supported. ALL files related to NE2 will be found on the NE2 Downloads page of the Nord website. There is no secret button press combination during boot which will auto-restore factory settings. Sounds from NE2 library are loaded via USB using Electro Tool software found on that same page. OS is updated via midi using OS updater application also found on that page.

It is highly likely that your OS is already v3.04, the latest, greatest and final NE2 OS. What numbers appear in your display during boot?

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby analogika » 09 Oct 2015, 12:19

greendiamondjim wrote: I have a fairly newish Mac ( from 2012) but I think it's a PowerPC.

All Macs released in 2006 or later are intel-based, not PowerPC. They can still run PowerPC software up to OS X version 10.6.8 (the final update for 10.6 Snow Leopard), which was released in July 2011.

10.7 (Lion), also released in July 2011, and newer OS versions dropped support for PowerPC software.
Last edited by analogika on 09 Oct 2015, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby greendiamondjim » 09 Oct 2015, 18:49

thanks - it says 3.0 when I boot it up, but it looks like my computer is definitely not compatible as it is 10.9.2.. I went to the site and got the Electro stuff, and I am trying it on an older computer.. now the problem is, when i open the 3.04 updated, i have it plugged into the midi ports through my DIG 002, but it keeps saying "can't find synth". I tried various combinations of midi ports, no luck. The updater sees the DIGI midi ports, but it's not
seeing the Nord itself. I went back to the previous Nord 2 updater thing, and that one sees it through USB, says "your nord is connected" but it doesn't appear to do anything. Anybody have an idea?
greendiamondjim

Postby pablomastodon » 13 Oct 2015, 08:10

As suggested, your OS is already latest and greatest..and final. You have no need of updating OS.

Bless,

Pablo
Last edited by pablomastodon on 13 Oct 2015, 08:11, edited 1 time in total.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby analogika » 13 Oct 2015, 12:44

greendiamondjim wrote:thanks - it says 3.0 when I boot it up, but it looks like my computer is definitely not compatible as it is 10.9.2.. I went to the site and got the Electro stuff, and I am trying it on an older computer.. now the problem is, when i open the 3.04 updated, i have it plugged into the midi ports through my DIG 002, but it keeps saying "can't find synth". I tried various combinations of midi ports, no luck. The updater sees the DIGI midi ports, but it's not
seeing the Nord itself. I went back to the previous Nord 2 updater thing, and that one sees it through USB, says "your nord is connected" but it doesn't appear to do anything. Anybody have an idea?

3.0.4 will show "3.0” and flash the little LED in the corner of the display four times.

Just leave it as is. All good.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum