Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord Drum 2 vs Maschine Mikro

Postby orcoaffamato » 26 Sep 2015, 18:38

Hi, I'm planning to buy a drum machine in the future and I've narrowed my choices to the Nord Drum 2 and Maschine mikro (with its drum synth plug-ins + komplete select that's a nice plus).
What do you think? Will it worth to buy Maschine mikro? Or should I go straight for the Nord Drum 2? Or maybe 1st buy Maschine mikro and then the Nord Drum 2? :?:
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
orcoaffamato

Nord Drum 2 vs Maschine Mikro

Sponsor

Re: Nord Drum 2 vs Maschine Mikro

Postby wartaler » 27 Sep 2015, 11:52

Hi Orcoaffamato!

Difficult to answer, depends on what you want to do and expect from the units,

I don't know the Maschine Mikro at all, just had a brief look on the website, it looks like (a controller for?) a drum machine/sequencer with a lot of (sampled?) sounds.

The Nord drum is a great sounding virtual analog drum synth, there's no sequencer on board.. It can be controlled with the Nord Pad, drum pads/triggers, or through MIDI (eg a sequencer).

If the Maschine can be used as a (standalone?) MIDI sequencer or controller, it would be a great companion to the ND2.In fact, any hardware/software sequencer will. The Nord Drum2 is 'only' a sound module, but a very cool one!

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 27 Sep 2015, 12:01, edited 2 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby jooga1972 » 27 Sep 2015, 12:33

What @wartaler said. The ND2 is a stellar sounding drum synth which requires external hardware to trigger its sounds. If you have an iPad and an iOS device-compatible hub like the i ConnectMIDI ( imo both are essential tools in the world of today's electronic music-making) you can get pretty far with crafting beats. There are a number of fantastic apps (ie Patterning, Nord Beat...) out there that can control the Nord Drum and the results are excellent.So the ND2 is not an "all in one box" type of instrument, but an awesome one at that. Just my two cents.
jooga1972

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Postby orcoaffamato » 27 Sep 2015, 13:12

In the end I think I will get both, now I need to decide which to buy 1st! :lol:
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
orcoaffamato

Return to Nord Drum Forum