General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

The Nord Editor Synth Section

Postby dupton9 » 10 Aug 2010, 00:46

Hey everyone,

New member so excuse the innocence of my first post. Im just wondering can anybody shed light on exactly what the synth part of the nord stage editor is? Iv been using the Stage Ex 88 live for almost a year and only today decided to hook it up to my laptop and really get going. Iv uploaded various new sounds from the v.5 library to the piano partition and i understand that the program section is basically a collection of my individually stored and modified sounds (correct me if im wrong). So my one loss in translation is what the synth tab is for? Is it a colleciton of basic synth sounds we use when crafting new programs? And can i chose between the 297 sounds at the keyboard because if i have iv been missing something pretty big!! :)

Anyway, great site, if any could help me on this for me id really appreciate it,

Thanks,
Diarmaid, Ireland
Last edited by dupton9 on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
dupton9

The Nord Editor Synth Section

Sponsor

Re: The Nord Editor Synth Section

Postby dupton9 » 12 Aug 2010, 15:55

Ok, excuse my stupidity, within about 10 mins of posting the question i figured it out. I havent been really using my nords potential at all! Now a real question. Can we upload new synth sounds to our editors synth partition or is the tab there opnly as a means to organise the existing ones? Also, how do you create a split between two programs, as oppossed to two instruments? Id like to have a huge fat synth pad on the lower half and maybe the DX7 EP sound thats floating around the patch download section as the top half of the keyboard? Im just not sure how to do it when both programs have dual panels active?
Last edited by dupton9 on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
dupton9

Re: The Nord Editor Synth Section

Postby Randelph » 28 Aug 2010, 19:03

Dupton9,
You can't make a split between two different programs. The split and layer happens within a program

There is however a capability for copying a panel in one program to another:
"To copy the settings from another Panel to the active Program/Panel, press and hold one of the
Panel buttons and turn the Value dial. The display will indicate which of the Panels in the entire
Program memory of the Stage that will be copied to the current Program/Panel."
Last edited by Randelph on 03 Jun 2014, 09:59, edited 3 times in total.
Randelph

Return to Nord Stage Forum