Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Help, Midi problem NL4

Postby Power_jtc » 27 Aug 2015, 14:57

Hello All,

This is my first time on this forum, but i have a problem i cant solve/ figure out myself.

About a month ago i bought my first analogue synthesizer ''NL4'' for witch ive been saving a long time!

I connected the nl4 Thrue Midi cable's Input to output and same otherside to my RME Fireface400. Then i connected audio output into my fireface from the NL4 and i hoped that would be the start of it al. after opening ableton and puting my settings correct i have sound comming in from my nordlead, but after opening the external instrument midi channel i found out it issnt receiving midi and this means i can not record my midi notes played and for example quantisize or edit it.

then i checked that if i change bpm in albeton if the nordlead would follow and it does. so it is connected at some level, but not completely.
Ive watched multiple videos on how to connect a synthesizer and how to set up ableton for it and ive done it al.. but something must be wrong.

To some up my story, I have a NL4, Rme Fireface400, Ableton 8.1, Windows7 64bit. but no midi connection..
Does anyone know what im doing wrong?

Thanks allot!!

Best,

Jamie Power.
Power_jtc

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

Help, Midi problem NL4

Sponsor

Re: Help, Midi problem NL4

Postby pablomastodon » 27 Aug 2015, 18:03

What midi channel and port settings are you using on the Nord? Also, what does "I connected the nl4 Thrue Midi cable's Input to output and same otherside to my RME Fireface400" mean? This is not clear.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum