Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Midi control of noise filter type? (CC15)

Postby blueNan » 07 Jul 2015, 01:05

I am building some Lemur controls for my DRUM2, and I need to know some info to control a few parameters - with the info in the manual it is just not possible. Hopefully someone from NORD chimes in and supplies the complete information.

Let me explain:

The manual says that for FILT TYPE, possible values are LP12, LP24, BP6, BP12, HP12, HP24, and HPHC, and they can be controlled externally via CC15.

But it does not say which value of CC15 corresponds to each possible value of filtertype. It would be helpful if Nord's people give us the values for these parameters.

Same goes to other similar params, like ATKMODE and a few others. Personally, for me it is a must to be able to tweak the voices in the Drum2, so please, provide us with more info on the parameters.

Also in some other params, the manual says for example that "range is 0-50". How would that translate when i program a CC, should i limit it to 0-50, or should I program 0-127 as normal? I have tried and it seems to respond better to full scale 0-127, but in some params (like WAVE) it seem to "cycle", so maybe there is more advisable to limit it, but... to what values ?

Please help guys!
blueNan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Midi control of noise filter type? (CC15)

Sponsor

Re: Midi control of noise filter type? (CC15)

Postby pablomastodon » 07 Jul 2015, 01:31

Hi BlueNan,

I don't know why this should be difficult to figure out with only a few minutes of experimental testing. Send some values on cc#15 to the unit and see how it responds. Chances are that the entire 0-127 range is evenly divided into seven ranges corresponding to the seven available settings. Sounds like you're doing rather sophisticated programming -- this should be easy peasy.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby blueNan » 07 Jul 2015, 16:06

It seems that the divisions sometimes are spanned over the entire range, sometimes not... for example with the "wave" parameter it seems that the range "repeats" above certain value.

So It's true that i can do it via trial / error, but the effects of parameters can be subtle depending on the tone, and the spans are not very intuitive... so, it would be REALLY helpful to have the actual values of each range, and Nord can surely provide... Programming controllers is tedious enough already.

I would have preferred that Nord had taken a more standard 0,1,2,3,4... approach for the limited parameters.
Last edited by blueNan on 07 Jul 2015, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
blueNan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby pablomastodon » 07 Jul 2015, 16:15

Sweden is in Summer Holiday mode right now and response times will be lengthened during the month of July...

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Drum Forum