Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Slight Problem with my new Nord Piano 2 HP

Postby LukasM228 » 02 Jul 2015, 23:40

Hello everyone,
About three weeks ago I purchased the Nord Piano 2HP for being able to continue playing and learning piano during studying. Since then it only left my room one time when I was playing at some event. During the transportation I carefully paid attention that it wouldn't get hurt in any way which seemed to be the case. I don't even think the transportation has anything to do with the problem I have, but nevertheless I wanted to mention it.
After about two weeks of heavily using the piano by playing several hours every day, often times very fast pieces I noticed that one key, precisely the G# in the 5th Octave (I'm not that good at harmonics but I believe it is this one), is a little bit loose which causes an annoying rattle sound when I play this key. It doesn't affect the abbility to play the key but it sounds wrong and a little bit broken. It may cohere with the fact that I am currently playing the third movement of the Moonlight Sonata, where in parts it is repeatidly played as an organ tone (I don't no if this expression is correct, it just means that it is played very often) but I think that something like this shouldn't happen in the third week and the keys shouldn't sound loose even if they are used very often.
My questions are if this is a common problem, if I can do something about that or if I should let someone else fix this.
I know its a very slight problem but things like this do annoy me if I pay 2000€ for a brand new instrument and it seems to wear out after only three weeks.
I hope I have expressed myself correctly, English isn't my foreign language and some expressions may be wrong or old-fashioned.
Thank you for any support.
LukasM228

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Slight Problem with my new Nord Piano 2 HP

Sponsor

Re: Slight Problem with my new Nord Piano 2 HP

Postby pablomastodon » 03 Jul 2015, 00:33

Hi Lukas,

I'm sorry that you are having this problem with your Nord. You should contact the dealer from which you purchased it and report this problem right away. They are best-positioned to advise you on the proper cure for this problem.

Please let us know how this works out.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby maurus » 03 Jul 2015, 09:28

Hi Lukas, I'm using the Electro 3 HP for similar purposes (night time practice, traveling, some events). It has the same key action as the Piano 2 HP. I came to the conclusion that you have to live with some kind of loosening and a bit of rattling of certain keys. The action just isn't the strongest part of the Nords. The good news however is that after a bit of loosening the action seems to then work reliably for a long time, at least in my case. In an amplified context I stopped noticing it after a while. At home I finally decided to add a substantially better action - the VPC1 - problem solved. The action in the VPC1 is quiet, precise, and a joy to play for a pianist in comparison. It is in a different league than the Fatar TP100.
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby SingerNick » 03 Jul 2015, 20:45

maurus wrote:The good news however is that after a bit of loosening the action seems to then work reliably for a long time, at least in my case

This is the perfect way to describe the action. After you break it in, you completely forget about it:) Playability and response shouldn't be effected by key noise.
Nord Piano 2, Roland RD-64

The author SingerNick was thanked by:
pablomastodon
SingerNick

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum