Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord drum2 + Nord pad + kick pedal

Postby choice_of_meat » 12 May 2015, 19:17

Hello,

Is it possible to have the Nord Pad + a trigger kick pedal work at the same time? So I can use the pad for everything but the kick drum?
I found this " Input 1 on the Nord Drum 2 has a special feature enabling you to connect and play a kick drum pad at the same time as the Nord Pad." so I think so? is a kick drum pad basically a kick drum trigger?

THanks in advance..
Last edited by choice_of_meat on 12 May 2015, 19:19, edited 1 time in total.
choice_of_meat

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Nord drum2 + Nord pad + kick pedal

Sponsor

Re: Nord drum2 + Nord pad + kick pedal

Postby wartaler » 12 May 2015, 20:35

Hello!

You can connect the Nord Pad and a bass drum trigger* at the same time, however, note the following:

The ND2 has 6 channels, on each you can program a different sound. The Nord Pad has 6 square pads that correspond with these 6 channels. Please note that if you connect a drum trigger next to the Nord Pad, you won't get a 7th bonus channel/ sound, unfortunately.

With both the Nord Pad and a bassdrum trigger connected, you still play channels 1-6 as usual with the Nord Pad, and with the bassdrum trigger you control ...channel 1 (!) So channel 1 of the ND2 can be played/triggered by both the bassdrum trigger, and with the Nord Pad, 'at the same time', - but not literally at the same time:

Each of the 6 channels of the ND2 is monophonic, so you won't hear 2 bassdrum sounds (or whatever sound is programmed on channel 1) at the same time - in case you hit the corresponding pad on the Nord Pad, and your bassdrum trigger simultaneously.

I usually only play the 5 other pads on the Nord Pad, and avoid the one that corresponds with channel 1, because I want to control channel 1 with my foot.

*a bassdrum trigger, bass drum pad , 'silent pedal' , or a normal drum pad will all work
have a look at the video featuring Gavin Harrison here : http://www.nordkeyboards.com/products/nord-drum-2

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 12 May 2015, 22:56, edited 6 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular

The author wartaler was thanked by 2 members, including:
skintechnicianpablomastodon
wartaler

Postby choice_of_meat » 12 May 2015, 23:27

Thanks, exactly what I was wondering & plan to do.

Thanks again!
choice_of_meat

Postby skintechnician » 13 May 2015, 00:28

Thanks Albert for a more detailed explanation regarding Nord Pad + kick! :thumbup:

Personally, I like to play all 6 Nord Pads in addition to playing an acoustic bass trigger. It allows me to play some quick "double bass" phrases without using a double pedal. It's usually in the form of a left stick hit (I play right-handed with the Nord Pad left of the hi-hats, like Gavin's set-up) on the "a" of 4 just before the downbeat then hitting the bass trigger on the 1. You can create some fat swings!
Last edited by skintechnician on 13 May 2015, 01:10, edited 2 times in total.
skintechnician

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Return to Nord Drum Forum