POWER!

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
Siggy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

POWER!

Post by Siggy »

Does anyone know of any portable battery packs that would work with the ND2? My guitarist uses the Pedaltrain Volto unit http://www.pedaltrain.com/volto/ but it's 9v, not 12v.

Any ideas?
wartaler
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: POWER!

Post by wartaler »

Hi!

I doubt if 9v will work,
I know there are small things called 'ISO pumps' to transform 9v into 12v - but I don't know whether they are safe to use in combination with the volto and ND2

perhaps you were considering buying one for yourself, I'm not an engineer but my gut feeling says you don't want to daisy chain the ND2 with your guitarists stompboxes, and btw the two outputs of the volto are not isolated. Also note that stompboxes usually have reverse polarity, you need + tip and - sleeve for the Nord Drum, but that problem is easily solved of course

I considered buying a voodoo lab 'pedal power 4x4' to power a small collection of MIDI devices and my ND2
because I don't like the collection of adapters - but am a bit reluctant because I don't want to fry anything

the volto + iso pump would be a nice and portable solution- hope someone else knows if it works / is safe

Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 12 May 2015, 00:10, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author wartaler for the post:
Siggy
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
Siggy
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Post by Siggy »

Thanks Albert,

Yeah, I figured that it would need to be something separate and specific for the ND2 but ito hard to know what to try without taking too big a risk with damaging the hardware. There are quite a lot of results if you google '12 volt portable rechargeable battery unit' but they all seem home made. It would be great if someone like Nord made a bespoke portable supply (hint hint Nord)...

It would be good to know if anyone has tried to solve this one.

Sig.
pablomastodon
Patch Creator
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Post by pablomastodon »

Haven't tried this with my ND2, but in the past have used toy R/C car battery packs to power similar devices. Don't know why that would/could be a problem.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun