Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Max potential channels of ND2

Postby Siggy » 11 May 2015, 21:47

Hi all. First off, thanks to everyone for influencing me to take the plunge. I have the ND2 and am loving playing with it while I save up for the Nord Pad.

My question is:

Can I have the Nord Pad AND a kick trigger, therefore having 7 total channels? In this video http://youtu.be/oa2GfMOdZiU Nord-Man (apologies for my ignorance of his name) mentions that there are 7 possible channels but I can't see how this would work. I'm sure it's simple, once you have the pad and a trigger but I have neither yet so thought someone might be able to enlighten me.

....also....with Nord Beat on the iPad, is it possible to have a pattern playing and still add to it on the Nord Pad, live (as in, over the top of the loop)? Ideally, I would be setting up hi hat loops and playing along on the Nord Pad and kick trigger.

Many thanks in advance.

Sig.
Siggy

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Max potential channels of ND2

Sponsor

Re: Max potential channels of ND2

Postby skintechnician » 12 May 2015, 04:10

Hi Sig,

1.) The ND2 has 6 total channels. With the Nord Pad (uses ethernet cable) connected you can add a 7th(1/4") trigger to Ch.1 on the ND2. It will double whatever sound is assigned to Ch. 1.

2.) When Nord Beat is playing the ND2 you can "jam" along with pads however Nord Beat isn't capable of recording/overdubbing midi. Also, the 6 ND2 channels are monophonic so it's possible to cancel out some sounds if you're playing the pads on the same channel & at the same time as the Nord Beat.

Have fun!!
Nate

The author skintechnician was thanked by:
Siggy
skintechnician

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead A1

Re: Max potential channels of ND2

Postby Siggy » 12 May 2015, 22:09

Thanks Nate. Makes total sense. Can't wait to try it all out.

Sig.
Siggy

Return to Nord Drum Forum