The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Expression Pedal

Postby maxpiano » 08 Aug 2014, 11:48

If you want a long-throw pedal designed for a Hammond clone, rather than a generic exppression pedal, I am pretty sure that Crumar Mojo's one works also with Nords, since it uses a standard 10k pot.
http://www.crumar.it/?a=page&p=accessories

PS: I have both an FC7 and a FV500L, which I use with my NS2; as a swell pedal I prefer the feeling of the first while as CTRL pedal I am happy with both.
Last edited by maxpiano on 09 Aug 2014, 09:46, edited 6 times in total.
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Postby tacitus » 08 Aug 2014, 14:25

My FC-7 just arrived and I've unpacked it. First impressions are quite favourable - saying it's made of plastic doesn't do justice to the rubberised finish which looks able to take a bashing.

I'll plug it in later and see where we are then.

Oh, the cable and plug are a bit flimsy; at the slightest sign of trouble I'll rewire it with Sommer cable and a Neutrik jack. Till then, it'll have to suffice.
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby ptsmith » 09 Aug 2014, 17:40

maxpiano wrote:If you want a long-throw pedal designed for a Hammond clone, rather than a generic exppression pedal, I am pretty sure that Crumar Mojo's one works also with Nords, since it uses a standard 10k pot.

tacitus wrote:My FC-7 just arrived and I've unpacked it. First impressions are quite favourable - saying it's made of plastic doesn't do justice to the rubberised finish which looks able to take a bashing.

I'll plug it in later and see where we are then.

Oh, the cable and plug are a bit flimsy; at the slightest sign of trouble I'll rewire it with Sommer cable and a Neutrik jack. Till then, it'll have to suffice.

I just got mine yesterday as well. It seems to have a pretty long throw. That had been a concern of mine, but I think I'll be happy with it.

I have the same first impression. Surprisingly nice pedal for the money. The cable isn't a concern for me because I doubt I'll be doing any gigging. I have a DAW and do this as a hobby.

On a negative note: I won a used C2D on ebay for a great price ($2K). Unfortunately it's been a week I've not heard from the seller in spite of several attempts to contact him. I've talked to ebay and was assured I'll get my money back, but damn, I wanted the C2D! :( To add insult to injury it will probably take a couple of weeks to get my money back, so it will be a while before I can buy a different one. :( :(
ptsmith

Postby tacitus » 10 Aug 2014, 09:50

After all my anticipation, I was out most of yesterday afternoon and evening and am just going out for the whole day now. Bearing in mind I have to do a workshop session tomorrow morning (on piano), it's going to be tomorrow afternoon before I can get the C2D out and test the Yamaha pedal.

Somehow, the more I claim to be retired, the busier I get.
tacitus

Postby Mooser » 10 Aug 2014, 17:48

The Yamaha is a good expression pedal, but it will eventually wear out. You can try cleaning or replacing the pot. Or replace the pedal, since it's not too expensive.
The pedal is a controller for a circuit which emulates a Hammond variable-capacitor expression pedal. I don't think the audio signal actually goes through the pedal. And there's no harm in trying a different choice on the volume-pedal menu, if it suits your foot.
Last edited by Mooser on 10 Aug 2014, 17:50, edited 1 time in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby Mr_-G- » 10 Aug 2014, 18:23

Mooser is correct. The FC-7 is just a potentiometer controlled by foot which is connected (in the NS2) to the Control Pedal connector or to the Organ Swell connector. No audio signal goes through it. If it wears out, I would try changing the pot, not the whole pedal. The Roland FV500L/V, though, can be used for both, audio volume pedal or Control pedal (it has several connectors, costs more and you need some cables too).
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby jonas » 19 Aug 2014, 22:59

I use the Roland EV-5 which works fine. I'll be getting a Neo Ventilator in a few days and then I'll use my Boss FV50L (not FV500L, which looks better) instead, before the vent of course (to get cleaner signal at low volume and more dirty signal at higher volume).
Last edited by jonas on 19 Aug 2014, 23:02, edited 1 time in total.
jonas

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby jonas » 19 Aug 2014, 23:01

sorry.. a mistake
Last edited by jonas on 19 Aug 2014, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.
jonas

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby Jabs3266 » 04 Mar 2015, 03:38

image.jpg
Crumar Long Throw Swell Pedal
image.jpg (81.49 KiB) Viewed 3837 times
I use a Crumar long throw. It looks and feels like something that should be strapped under a B3. It's well geared. However it is big. It won't fit in the accessories pouch on the Nord Semi hard cases.
Last edited by Jabs3266 on 07 Mar 2015, 22:17, edited 1 time in total.
[align=center]Play whenever and wherever you can.[/align]
Jabs3266

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Postby tacitus » 07 Mar 2015, 20:08

Yeah, the Yamaha pedal fits nicely in the genuine red Nord case, so that's a plus if you travel with your C2(D). Despite my initial concern the cable seems to be holding up pretty well.
I never got round to setting the Nord for the Yamaha pedal (it's set for the actual Nord pedal which means it should be optimal when I have the whole pedal keys 27 unit set up. Can't say that's been a problem, though.
tacitus

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum