Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord Drum 2 Program Organization?

Postby phillipwright27 » 18 Feb 2015, 09:09

Just got the Nord Drum 2, and I love it! Except for one thing...
Organizing my sounds is a real pain. I don't like how you can only copy and paste one sound at a time instead of a whole kit, I wish I could move programs easier from bank to bank. I wish I could visually see lists of my banks as well, like you can with all other Nord products. We live in 2015. Clavia hasn't thought of this? I understand the Nord Drum is fairly new, so maybe they're getting to making all of this better? Anyone know anything about this? I would love for the Nord Drum 2 to be easier to organize!
phillipwright27

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Drum 2

Nord Drum 2 Program Organization?

Sponsor

Re: Nord Drum 2 Program Organization?

Postby wartaler » 18 Feb 2015, 12:09

Hi Phillip,

To copy one program (kit) to another location press SHIFT+STORE (program number will start blinking) then dial in the desired program number, then press STORE again, the program is then copied to that location..

One difference with Nord products like the Stage and Electro 5, is that the Nord Drum 2 programs/kits can't be given names, without program names I think it's difficult to make librarian software,
The display of ND2 isn't really made for displaying program names I think, perhaps a nice idea for a ND3,

EDIT: current Nord Lead, and older Electro models also can't display program names, but the names do appear in the Sound Manager -
So, if ND2 still has some memory left for storing names, and can be made compatible with the Sound Manager - that would be nice indeed, perhaps we will see it in a future update - who knows!

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 18 Feb 2015, 19:01, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby kroffe » 22 Feb 2015, 18:27

You could always use a sysex librarian and dump one program at a time from your nord drum 2 to your computer and name the files. This combined with a filemanaging system (for example Finder in OSX) would be sufficient for organizing your programs?

The author kroffe was thanked by:
pablomastodon
kroffe

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular

Postby wartaler » 23 Feb 2015, 00:10

Yes, I agree, although the Soundmanager is more efficient and user friendly, it's not much of a hassle to do it that way either..
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum