Everything about the Clavia Nord Modular G2, G1, and Micromodular Synthesizers.

Nord Modular G2 with single broken key (no aftertouch)

Postby manresa » 22 Feb 2015, 08:15

I just bought a (3 octave) Nord Modular G2, and one of the C keys doesn't respond to aftertouch. Or, more precisely, the sound cuts when the aftertouch is engaged (and then sometimes glitches when the key is released). All the other keys seem to work fine, with the exception of one or two that stuck a few times when I first received the keyboard, but have been ok since. Is this something likely to be fixable with cleaning, or am I looking at a new rubber contact strip & PCB?

Thanks
manresa

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular

Nord Modular G2 with single broken key (no aftertouch)

Sponsor

Re: Nord Modular G2 with single broken key (no aftertouch)

Postby pablomastodon » 22 Feb 2015, 17:07

Hi Manresa,

rubber contact strips and PCBs have NOTHING to do with aftertouch. Given that the instrument now has some age on it and an unknown (to you) history, replacing those parts may not be a bad idea, but will do nothing to assist you with your AT issue.

Perhaps it is possible that some little bit of plastic is broken away from the underside of that key which is preventing it from engaging the AT strip which runs the length of the keybed. If this is the case, then replacing that key should cure the defect.

For Nordesians in the USA and Canada, parts can be obtained through me via my regular work contacts:

pablo.mastodon@americanmusicandsound.com
800-994-4984 x3030

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Re: Nord Modular G2 with single broken key (no aftertouch)

Postby manresa » 22 Feb 2015, 20:35

Thanks Pablo,

I took it apart and didn't see any obvious broken bits, and the rubber bumpers were in good shape. After I put everything back together it worked fine, so all good at the moment.
manresa

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular

Return to Nord Modular Forum