Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Clearing a Program

Postby launchcodemexico » 08 Feb 2015, 18:07

Hello there.

Just purchased my first Nord instrument here, *Wave*, and I'm a seasoned pianist, but new to synthesis.

My question is, how do I reset a program to zero? I want to edit a program so that everything is off, with just a pure, single square/saw/tri wave and save it as a "clean slate" program. I do not wish to delete the factory presets at the moment.

I'm having a difficult time doing it with the first Nord Wave synth patch. The first time I turned what seems to be everything off, reset each knob (turned it up then zero'd), set OSC's to just a single wave, LFO's and MOD ENV to zero's, I ended up with a sound that was very clearly still modulated by an oscillator and not a pure signal. The second time I did the same thing I lost most of the volume, and was only able to bring it back by turning up the FREQ knob under FILTER. It almost seems like when I turn the OSC all the way down while playing the instrument and the signal is hitting the bottom of the curve, it will stay there. This is becoming very counterintuitive to me.

Is there an easier way to do this? And on a second note, is my Wave malfunctioning or is there a bug? (it was a purchase off eBay).
Last edited by launchcodemexico on 08 Feb 2015, 19:28, edited 2 times in total.
launchcodemexico

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Clearing a Program

Sponsor

Re: Clearing a Program

Postby launchcodemexico » 10 Feb 2015, 06:49

Anybody have an idea?
launchcodemexico

Postby Mr_-G- » 10 Feb 2015, 09:45

The function you are looking for is called Initialize. I would search the manual and see if it is decribed there.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Marlowes » 10 Feb 2015, 10:14

Hej!

You could do something similar to this? :?
nord-lead-rack-forum-f12/nla1-patch-starting-point-t8036.html

The manual says;

Sound Init
By pressing the Sound Init button (Shift+Mono Modebuttons), the settings of the Slot in focus will be initialized.
This provides you with a neutral starting point if you want to program a sound from scratch.
The settings of the oscillator waveforms, oscillator mix and the program effects will be excluded from the initialization.
The effects will be turned off for the Slot but the actual settings will not be changed

/Amicalement
Michael in Scania
Last edited by Marlowes on 10 Feb 2015, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby launchcodemexico » 11 Feb 2015, 04:52

Thank you so much for the responses.

And thus begins my lifelong love affair with synthesis and my Wave. Love this little guy!
launchcodemexico

Return to Nord Wave Forum