This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Newbie asking about output isssue on Nord E3

Postby DanRH » 21 Jan 2015, 17:43

Hey All,

I'm a drummer that doesn't play keys but owns a Nord Electro 3 73. I bought the keyboard for my band (that doesn't have a keyboard player which we are trying to remedy). Our lead singer dabbles and plays the Nord. I bought it new because I've heard so many great players using the Nord's. My main motiviation was to get a keyboard that had great Hammong and paino sounds.

We're having an issue where if we use the Left Output, only certain sounds (mainly organ) come out. We never run it stereo and it seems like only the right output is working with all the sounds. Does this sound like I need to get it serviced or do you think it may be a programming issue? If so, can anyone offer suggestions?

I aplogize for my ignorance in this area but I would like to know if it's something we did or does it need to be serviced. The keyboard was purchased new, online a little over a year ago. Also, I really haven't got into learning the Keyboards menu's (Honstly I tried but gave up).
Thanks!
Last edited by DanRH on 21 Jan 2015, 18:03, edited 2 times in total.
DanRH

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Newbie asking about output isssue on Nord E3

Sponsor

Re: Newbie asking about output isssue on Nord E3

Postby stiiiiiiive » 21 Jan 2015, 18:07

Hey DanRH, welcome to the forum.

As most often, the answer is in the manual ;) There are three different "output modes". Check out the right side of your Electro's panel and you'll see them. I guess you're in the mode where the organs and pianos go each on their own side.
Minkovski FB
Toxic Overdrive Deezer
DNOT Deezer FB
stiiiiiiive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby DanRH » 21 Jan 2015, 18:28

Great, I'll check it out! Thanks!
DanRH

Postby Nordybally » 21 Jan 2015, 19:24

Hi
Defiantly check the menus that are printed on the right of the keyboard, they look daunting but if you give it a bit of time to read through them it actually becomes quite clear, I owned E3 for quite a few years and I was not used to seeing menus printed on keyboards but it's very handy and helpful once you get used to it.
Regards
Al
Nordybally

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Return to General Nord Forum