Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Half sample half synth

Postby Mrking » 04 Jan 2015, 01:16

Hi everyone,

Just bought a piano 2 hp and love it. Still trying to work out some things.. I'm trying to split the keyboard between a sample patch I've made and a stock synth patch.. Not having much luck with the manufacturer's manual.. Seems simple but I'm finding it all a bit of a boggle. Can anyone give me a step by step to archive this.??

All the best,

King
Mrking

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Half sample half synth

Sponsor

Re: Half sample half synth

Postby maxpiano » 04 Jan 2015, 08:35

The Nord Piano has a single Synth (Sample Playback) section so you can't do that on the instrument itself simply because it can use only 1 Sample set at a time. You can only split/layer the piano and synth sections.

The possible workaround is to build a sample set which implements the split, using the Nord Sample Editor but... the Factory .nsmp file cannot be read so creating a split between your samples and a Nord Library sample (.nsmp) requires resampling the latter. This method has also the limitation that the velocity response, filter and other common parameters that you define in the .nsmp, will be common across the sample set, so you will need to find a compromise.
Last edited by maxpiano on 04 Jan 2015, 08:41, edited 5 times in total.

The author maxpiano was thanked by 2 members, including:
DaveWeickMrking
maxpiano
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Re: Half sample half synth

Postby Mrking » 04 Jan 2015, 12:35

Thanks for your response..
Mrking

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum