Skinnerbox Time & Timbre

Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.
clickclack777

Skinnerbox Time & Timbre

Post by clickclack777 »

Hi! Tip of the day!

If you are using Ableton Live, a would recommend checkin out Skinnerbox Time & Timbre. Specially if you are using Ableton Push. I bought it today and it works great together with the Nord Drum. It´s much more flexible than the Nord Beat App. Could only wish that Clavia implemented all the goodies into their app.

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/skinner ... me-timbre/

Last edited by clickclack777 on 25 Nov 2014, 15:02, edited 4 times in total.
Stoat

Re: Skinner box Time & Timble

Post by Stoat »

WOW! That looks great - how does it sync with the ND2? Is it just the Time component? Is it limited to certain features? Can you use Timbre at same time? Answer any of those questions and you make my day :)

EDIT: Just read the manual, looks like this could be a purchase
Last edited by Stoat on 25 Nov 2014, 07:41, edited 1 time in total.
clickclack777

Re: Skinner box Time & Timble

Post by clickclack777 »

It´s only 6 voices/sequences per module so it isn´t possible to do both ND2 and the timbre plugs on the same Ableton channel.There is a possibility to sync two "Time" module, one as master and one as slave. Haven´t tried it yet. I guess you could use one instance as master controlling midi channel 10 (mapped from C3 to A3) and then run a slave instance (mappen all channels to a single note in "Time" and specific midi channel 1-6 on the Ableton channel) to do arp note variations.
Last edited by clickclack777 on 25 Nov 2014, 15:01, edited 4 times in total.
apeirophobe
Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Modular
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Re: Skinnerbox Time & Timbre

Post by apeirophobe »

Is it possible to use skinnerbox with the nord drum set to respond on individual channels? I would like to change cc params of multiple voices at the same time as sequencing.
Thanks!