The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

NORD C2 FACTORY PRESETS LIST

Postby Quai34 » 12 Oct 2014, 09:28

Hi,
I've just made a list on Word and pdf of the Factory presets of my C2 and then, I thought it could be helpful for some of you.
That's it
Attachments
FACTORY PRESETS NORD C2.pdf
in pdf format
(168.93 KiB) Downloaded 700 times
FACTORY PRESETS NORD C2.docx
in word format
(17.06 KiB) Downloaded 364 times
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.

The author Quai34 was thanked by:
japnord
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

NORD C2 FACTORY PRESETS LIST

Sponsor

Re: NORD C2 FACTORY PRESETS LIST

Postby svdiogenes » 12 Oct 2014, 11:00

Thanks Quai34.
This is very interesting. Do you (or anyone else on the forum) know how this list would compare with the factory presets on my NORD C1?
svdiogenes

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1

Postby Quai34 » 12 Oct 2014, 12:05

If you open Sound Manager and connect you rcomputer on your C1, you will see the list and you will be able to compare...
Stage 2/C2/NL2X+TC Pedals, 2XMatrix, EMU P2K, TX802, DSI P8/Tetra+H9, P12+TC HoF, D50+PG1000, XV5080,AX keytar, Streichfett, Drumbrute.Ibanez SR1200 & 2605 basses, Artstar AS153,G&L L2000,Legacy HSS,Asat Blueboys,Asat Deluxe Savanna.genelec 8040A.
Quai34

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby svdiogenes » 12 Oct 2014, 20:56

It would be great to be able to make such a comparison... But as far as I know the C1 is not able to use the Sound Manager software.
svdiogenes

Postby svdiogenes » 12 Oct 2014, 21:13

Quai34 wrote:If you open Sound Manager and connect you rcomputer on your C1, you will see the list and you will be able to compare...

FYI - Here is some info relayed to me from a previous email from Pablo Mastodon re the C1 Presets:

"Your C1 is Nord's first step in that direction with their C-series dual manual organs. While it does have a USB port, this predates their Sound Manager freeware product; the port is used only for OS updates. The instrument is not compatible with Sound Manager. As you correctly noted, the C2 and C2D instruments ARE compatible with that freeware, making reorganizing (no pun intended) a simple matter of dragging and dropping with a computer mouse. Also, those instruments have front panel displays whichi will reveal actual progrm names instead of just numbers. However, they predate the "Extended Features" set, which includes the creation of program lists from computer. These features have not yet been back-engineered into those models. Given the amount of time which has passed, I think it is unlikely that new OS' will be created for C2/C2D to integrate these features, but one never knows...

Pablo"

I was just hoping that if the same NORD engineers who developed on the C1 presets also worked on the C2, that the two preset lists might be close, so I could have a reference list to stick on my music stand, for when I am exploring the C1 sounds.
svdiogenes

Postby pablomastodon » 13 Oct 2014, 08:39

I think that it would be a mistake to assume that there was any attempt to correlate original factory programming between C1 and C2. There were developed years apart. And these original factory program banks are not to be thought of as divine tablets of wisdom brought down from the mountaintop. Original factory programs are mainly intended to be (this is my opinion, not some official statement of Nord policy) are examples of what is possible with the instrument. Musicians should not feel constrained to playing only factory programs on the instrument and indeed are enthusiastically encouraged to tailor sound to suit their personal musical needs and desires. Lastly, main program names will really be quite meaningless in the grand scheme of things. I mean, okay, they may occasionally evoke particular sound images in one's brain which may (or may not) bear some resemblance to the actual sound produced, but for example naming a program "Jimmy Smith" is somewhat generic. It's not like Jimmy only used one single drawbar setup for playing.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby maxmsp » 04 Nov 2014, 17:52

Quai34 wrote:Hi,
I've just made a list on Word and pdf of the Factory presets of my C2 and then, I thought it could be helpful for some of you.
That's it

Thanks a lot, very useful !
maxmsp

Postby Cliffb1 » 24 Nov 2014, 03:05

Hello... When I have the swell pedal all the way up, my c2d makes noise as if I'm pressing notes but I am not..I tried to contact customer service, they told me I had to change the default preset of the c2d.. I have yet to accomplish this.. Could your factory preset list have anything to do with my problem? Thanks and sorry if this is the wrong conversation for my question...
Cliffb1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby pablomastodon » 24 Nov 2014, 09:04

Hi Cliff,

And welcome to the forum! Yes, this is the wrong conversation for this question. It might have been best to simply start a new thread.

But since we're here...the C2D ships from the factory with the Tonewheel Mode parameter set to extreme vintage. Tonewheel organs, like people, can tend to become noisier with age -- "rumbling in the basement," so to speak. The Nord gives this sound with this setting. The Tonewheel Mode setting is made on page 1 of the Sound Menu. Changing this to "CLEAN" will eliminate the noise you are hearing.

If you require more assistance with this, please contact me at work at number/email as shown below.

Bless,

Pablo Mastodon
Nord Tech Support Canada/USA
pablo.mastodon@AmericanMusicandSound.com
800-994-4984 x3030
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum