Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: The Nord Piano wishlist

Postby Mr_-G- » 12 Oct 2013, 10:31

dynanord wrote:Pan it right, reverb it left - there you are. Stereoimages can produce phasing issues when reducing it to more mono.

There are more ways of creating pseudo-stereo sound. Here are some described that could be useful when processing a recording:
http://www.csounds.com/journal/issue14/ ... tereo.html
Mind you all those including the one you describe will cause some degree of phase cancellation.

The author Mr_-G- was thanked by:
dynanord
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby kkk1130 » 26 Oct 2014, 10:20

I hope Nord use TP40/Wood for Nord Piano 3. In addition, we can edit velocity from PC :)
kkk1130

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano

Postby maurus » 01 Nov 2014, 14:14

Perhaps it is indeed time to refresh this thread and collect a few hopes/wishes for the Nord Piano 3. Perhaps I should begin by pointing out that the fairly low response to this thread in recent months indicates that much is all right, indeed great about Clavia's approach to the Nord Piano 2. Still the following points do come up repeatedly (and some are obviously causing concern for some, so much so that they opt for other brands):

Hardware:
- Please, add at least one model to the Nord Piano series with a true pianistic action. We all know that's a difficult one. Whether or not the Fatar TP40/Wood might do the trick we can't know. The problem remains. (For an alternative suggestion, see below.)
- Quite obviously, more piano RAM (or an option for piano RAM extensions) is always a desire, especially given the growing number (and size) of the L and XL versions of the sounds in the Nord Piano Library.

Software:
- Even with the recent addition of the Mellow Upright there remains, it seems to me, a need for another Grand sample, more substantial than the existing ones and with a warm and full but dynamic tonal range. Several forum members have asked for a new XL sampling of the Steinway D - whether that or a new, more substantial version of the Bösendorfer Imperial, a large Blüthner, or a Shigeru Kawai EX, etc. is perhaps less important than attention to substance in the upper range and an improved dynamical response overall. (May I add that I find, in many piano sounds, the octave C5-B5, or more precisely the transition from about A4 to G5, a bit too uneven and quirky - that may be intentional, but it is embarrassing nevertheless in some circumstances).
- The option to use alternative temperaments or one's own micro-tuning would be just great IMHO.

Please add or discuss freely...

As for the action problem: Of course a completely different route for solving that problem might be to offer a standalone piano module to be coupled to other controllers. Not to compete with piano software, but with the same performance-oriented concept as all Nord instruments - keeping the same intuitive, direct access user interface etc., just without the keys.
Last edited by maurus on 01 Nov 2014, 14:16, edited 2 times in total.

The author maurus was thanked by:
dynanord
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby dynanord » 01 Nov 2014, 21:36

Many wise words!
I loved my Nord Piano 2 but had to move over to Kawai. My C2 is still great, never had to complain.
When a NP3 is coming with a fully weighted graded hammer board, a flexible soundmenu to dive in deeply and more punch in the soloing-range -> catch me looking jealous...
BUT this will not happen since Clavia produces red stage ferraris with locked engine bonnets. A new Nord sound module is a thing I would definitely buy, too.
Most users have to decide between bad action/great sound and great action/less good sound.
Last edited by dynanord on 02 Nov 2014, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
dynanord

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby Rusty Mike » 02 Nov 2014, 15:14

Add me to the list of people who would BUY a Nord Piano with a 73 or 76 key TP40 action.
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby oyarsa » 21 Nov 2014, 04:48

I would like to see:
- Triple sensor technology in the HA88 keybed, and
- Ability to set keyboard ranges when layering.
:thumbup:
Last edited by oyarsa on 21 Nov 2014, 04:49, edited 1 time in total.
oyarsa

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Piano 2

Postby MeanRedBlueZ » 02 Dec 2014, 02:07

nord Piano 2...
Is there any chance Micro Tuning could be implemented in OS update? I would love to have thirty some-odd notes (more or less) to one octave...
MeanRedBlueZ

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Postby maurus » 22 Mar 2015, 17:10

Let's add (see present thread in General Nord forum): Downloadable velocity curves and a curve editor in Clavia software.
maurus

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby bluesbaba » 01 Apr 2015, 19:51

Velocity curves nr.1 priority .....
bluesbaba

Postby TUBbrain » 16 Apr 2015, 23:49

All my hopes drive me to write this reply in order to have a RAM extension (like the new Electro 5 and Stage 2 EX with 1Go) !
Please please, let us extend our memory ! Your samples are so good, we want them all under fingers :-)
TUBbrain

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum