Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

NordWave and Logic

Postby AlandoT07 » 11 Aug 2014, 00:20

Hey guys,

I need help do anyone know how to use external synthesizers with the logic environment, I have a NordWave and i am struggling to get it connected in the right way so that that i can automate the parameters from logic. Also does any have a
NordWave environment for logic.

Many thanks
AlandoT07

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

NordWave and Logic

Sponsor

Re: NordWave and Logic

Postby davegoestotown » 12 Nov 2014, 12:56

Alright. Not sure how others do it but this works for me:
Set your external instrument to Midi channel : All in logic.

On the wave in midi settings :
Local : off
Midi channel: Bi timb
Midi control A : 2
Midi control B : 3
( I seem to remember that if these Midi control channels are set to channel 1 it wouldn't work for some reason.)

MIdi control mode : send and receive.
Midi prog change mode : send and receive.

Now if you go into logic. you should be able to record your part, and all controls will be included for the slot which is selected.
To record further automation, you can go ahead and record over the same region again if you have "merge with selected regions" selected. (don't try to control the wave using the automation view in logic, it doesn't work).
I recommend recording the notes and opening a "new track with same channelstrip / instrument". Then you can record all your control changes neatly in this one track. Open hyper editor to see the events. To do this go to Hyper - create multiple event definitions. This is the best place to edit your automation.

Again, you cannot automate the wave automation from the automation view in logic. (in my experience).
This took me a heap of trial and error, but it works.

Finally i find that by hitting record, and then hitting the program button on the wave to bring up my sond can get logic to set the correct program on the wave at the start of the track. This is handy. Also you can hit record and dump the control settings. I think this works too. I think you can also tap in the delay time and it will send a control signal out which is the next best thing to being able to sync to midi. Haven't had time to experiment too much on this tho.
Basically if you are recording, anything you do on the wave will be recorded. Remember to save a back up of your sounds into your logic project folder.

cheers
davegoestotown

Re: NordWave and Logic

Postby davegoestotown » 12 Nov 2014, 12:57

Oh you asked about ENVIRONMENT!
I don't use it. I have played a lot but its a mystery to me.
Try the above. :)
davegoestotown

Return to Nord Wave Forum