General Discussion of the Nord Stage (EX), Nord Stage 2 (EX), Nord Stage 3, and Nord Stage 4 Synths, FAQ, Troubleshooting etc.

Re: List of Nord Stage 2 known issues/bugs

Postby ericL » 07 Aug 2014, 01:14

I don't always do it, but I use the External section of Slot A to communicate via MIDI channel 3, while External for Slot B is on MIDI channel 4. So I can have two different Motif voices on separate channels, split or layered as I desire within each slot. Some of my programs only call for one Motif voice, while others use both panels.
Last edited by ericL on 07 Aug 2014, 01:15, edited 1 time in total.
Nords: NE2, NS2 88, NS3 Compact x 2
Live rig: NS3, Vent, Radial KL-8, Shure PSM-900 IEM Rig, UE18 & UE7 IEMs.
Studio: Hammond A-101 & Leslie 122, Yamaha CP-80, Yamaha S90, NS2, DSI Prophet-6, Vent II, Roland JX-8P.
ericL
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Sponsor

Re: bug : MkV ClosIdeal "Long Release"

Postby art507 » 04 Sep 2014, 00:10

emielskey wrote:Hey Everybody,

I stumbled upon something here, namely the Long Release button is behaving opposite of what it should be doing. can someone verify that?
Watch on youtube.com

edit: maybe on second thoughts, its right after all: long release= NO release sample, long release turned off = release sample?

Hello!
I have NS2 and when I play e-piano (Mark I, Mark V, Mark VII) with the LONG RELEASE button there is not much difference if to compare playing without LONG RELEASE. I can hear only hardly noticeable difference at the end of the sound, where the rhodes sound without LONG RELEASE breaks a little faster.
But if I use the piano sounds with LONG RELEASE the diference is much more audible.
I don't know if is it normal.
art507

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Postby art507 » 04 Sep 2014, 00:19

And I agree with you, when I play e-piano WITHOUT release it seems that there is a damper sound at the end , and WITH release- there is not damper sound, )

P.S Sorry for my English)
art507

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic

Postby usey123 » 16 Oct 2014, 23:46

Hi, does anybody could please give me a hint?
When I select the Dual KB button. The external and the internal Keybord of my Stage2 do both play Slot A. This is a bug!?! With Dual KB the external KB should play Slot B and not A and the internal Slot A. So it's written in the manual.
Do I something wrong??
usey123

Postby Mr_-G- » 16 Oct 2014, 23:58

Welcome to the forum. Here is my hint: page 15 and page 44 of the manual. You probably have set the wrong MIDI channels.
Last edited by Mr_-G- on 16 Oct 2014, 23:59, edited 1 time in total.
Mr_-G-

Postby pablomastodon » 17 Oct 2014, 00:40

Hi Usey,

Mr. G is correct. In your situation it will be best to turn all midi channel settings OFF, except for the Dual Kbd channel of course. There is almost certainly something else in your NS2 which is also set to the same channel which you are using as your Dual Kbd channel, either Global, Slot A, Organ, Piano or Synth. Set them all to OFF and that will go away.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby usey123 » 18 Oct 2014, 13:16

Thanks to pablomastodon and Mr_G - that's right!! It works now! I haven't undrstood the manual, because it is not very detailed and I thought switch on Dual KB Button will be stronger than other midi settings.

:thanks:
usey123

Postby pablomastodon » 18 Oct 2014, 16:17

The manual does a fairly good job of describing each individual midi function, but fails to discuss how they can sometimes interrelate with one another.

Please note that using Dual KB mode is often not the best way to do things. Suppose for example that you have an HA model and wish to add an external controller in order to be able to have organ keys for organ playing. Or perhaps you wish to have a 2nd person onstage playing only organ sound from the Nord via this external controller. In this case, it will be better to NOT use Dual KB Mode. Instead, go into Midi Menu and set either Organ A or Organ B to the midi channel of the external controller, then set the KB Zone Select for that Organ A or B such that the drawbars are lit but none of the three green LEDs indicating KB Zone are lit. In this condition, the external controller can play all the organ it wants, while the remaining 5 onboard sound engines will ALL remain available to the person playing the Nord's keys. When using Dual KB mode, all of Slot B is given over to the external controller. If the external controller has no need of the Slot B synth or Slot B piano, those available voices will be "wasted."

Pablo

PS -- since you are new, perhaps you have not noticed: this forum structure provides little "thanks" buttons.
Last edited by pablomastodon on 18 Oct 2014, 16:22, edited 2 times in total.
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby FelipeRuffato » 21 Nov 2014, 01:37

Hello people,

I'm from Brazil and I'm a recent NS2 user.

In the synth section, when I'm playing or changing the values os the knobs from the synth panel, the keyboard makes a "very Strange" and high noise. And sometimes the sound of the sample is cut by a little "crack". I Already tried to restart the OS (v 1.72) but doesn't work.

This problem is ocurring only in the Synth Section.

Anyone knows what could be this problem?

Sorry about my English =/

Tks,

Felipe
FelipeRuffato

Postby stuartoMVF41000S » 31 Dec 2014, 08:44

I have a new NS2 HA88 that I got recently. This week I started downloading additional samples to it and ran into a little trouble. When using samples in locations 130 and up sound artifacts start to exhibit themselves until a loud transient explosive pop sounds like a gunshot. At that point the sounds become unstable. Switching to another program or to a different sample slot clears it up, and the cycle can begin again. As long as I don’t use any samples from locations 130 and up I have no problems. Moving a sample from a location 130 and up to a sample location below 130 will result in that sample not having any problems. So this problem is associated with the sample locations and not the samples themselves. I reflashed the OS 1.72 in case it was corrupted, but the problem still occurs. Has anyone seen this problem before and know what the solution is other than just not using sample slots 130 and up? I would hate to go through the trouble of exchanging my NS2 for a replacement only to find the replacement has the same problem. The problem occurs on outputs 1 and 2 regardless of what they are connected to. This NS2 was manufactured in 2014. Thanks.
stuartoMVF41000S

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4

PreviousNext

Return to Nord Stage Forum