Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Piano 2 midi

Postby lamplighter » 27 Sep 2014, 15:36

Hello everyone.I have bought a Nord piano 2 and I would appreciate any help regarding midi input.I want to connect it via midi to another keyboard (Ketron Audya)so that only volume and sustain messages are recognized by the Nord. At present I cannot get any midi control between keyboards The midi light on the Nord flashes when I play notes or move the volume pedal on the other Keyboard but nothing else from the Nord. I would like to do this so I don't have to carry and operate two sets of pedals when playing. Thank you
lamplighter

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Piano 2 midi

Sponsor

Re: Piano 2 midi

Postby pablomastodon » 27 Sep 2014, 15:55

Hi Lamplighter,

Welcome to the Forum! Have you checked your midi channel and port settings? Your NP2 has two midi ports, one traditional 5-pin DIN and one via USB, but only one will work at a time., not both. The original factory default setting is USB, so you'll need to change that setting in order to get results. The midi light blinks when any midi signal appears at the input, even if this incoming data is on a port/channel which is not active. Actually, as I recall, there are two blinking modes: one fast and one slow. Sorry that I don't recall which is which, but one is for data received on the "live channel/port" and the other for all other channels. Your manual will instruct you as to which is which.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby lamplighter » 27 Sep 2014, 18:45

Thank you very much pablomastodon This sorted my question perfectly.I hadn't known about both midi and usb.I set the ketron midi out to no channel and the Nord to receive on channel 2 and both pedals work as I want now.

The author lamplighter was thanked by:
pablomastodon
lamplighter

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Postby pablomastodon » 27 Sep 2014, 19:18

Thanks for the nice words, but since you're new here, I'll point out that there's a special "thanks" button which is probably more conservative of webserver space than creating a new post just to say thanks (obviously not a BIG deal, but...)

pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
lamplighter
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum