Share and download User samples and project files (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4, *.nsmproj)"
Forum rules
How to get the MP3-Player:
Upload a MP3 file where you play some notes using your sample.
Click the "PLACE INLINE" button after uploading the MP3 sample in order to automatically create a Flash MP3 player in your post!
Also check the Forum Rules, in particular rule #6 about the sharing of patches and samples.

dyno piano for electro 4?

Postby amadosebenezer » 20 Sep 2014, 21:54

good day every one, i really need the dyno piano sample for my nord electro 4.
can any one help me please?
grettings from Honduras.
amadosebenezer

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4

dyno piano for electro 4?

Sponsor

Re: dyno piano for electro 4?

Postby Marlowes » 20 Sep 2014, 22:47

Hi Amadosebenezer!

Dyno piano: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_piano#Dyno_My_Piano?

This is what I have used http://store.gospelmusicians.com/Neo-Soul_Dyno/, with my iPad and a MIDI cable to my NL2X. Great sound IMHO. :thumbup:

No? :?

/Amicalement
Michael in Scania
Last edited by Marlowes on 20 Sep 2014, 22:48, edited 1 time in total.
NE3HP, NP88, NS2, DPP1, NL2X, NL2X, NLA1, NL4, NE5D, NW2 (Collect Them All?), some classic Rolands, Arturias, a Waldorf, a Kurz, a WONOK3, a pile of guitars, a P-bass, loopers, amps and computers ...
I'm a gearslut! :oops:

The author Marlowes was thanked by:
amadosebenezer
Marlowes
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 4

Postby amadosebenezer » 21 Sep 2014, 02:53

thxs marlowes for your reply...and the answer is no...is no rhodes...but i´ve listen and is very similar

dynopiano was a native sound of the legendary korg W 01 PRO, this sound is 7 layers original! that is very ambicious..but the way, was developed by Yamaha in the 80´s, as a gift to Korg, and try to help to their bankruptcy...but if anyone can give me an a idea...will be thankful in advance.
grettings

Attachments
Dyno Piano Korg 01W.mp3
dynopiano test
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 1988 times
Last edited by Johannes on 21 Sep 2014, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: player added
amadosebenezer

Postby RedLeo » 21 Sep 2014, 05:16

You can make that sound by layering a typical DX7 electric piano with a soft pad. The basic piano sound isn't a real Rhodes, it's the DX7's famous representation of the Rhodes, or one of the many variations of that sound.

You can hear it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVOBBzVyxFo

Unfortunately, I don't think the Nord sample library has this sound. If you do a Google search for "DX7 Rhodes samples" you should be able to find something that will work.

Or you could buy actual Korg W 01 Dyno piano samples from somewhere like here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/KORG-01W-SAMPLES-for-KONTAKT-nki-INSTRUMENTS-WAV-FILES-Fast-defivery-/330894031013 (assuming that these are legitimate licensed samples of course). You need them in WAV format to be able to use them in your Electro.
Last edited by RedLeo on 21 Sep 2014, 15:17, edited 3 times in total.

The author RedLeo was thanked by:
amadosebenezer
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Postby daniel70 » 21 Sep 2014, 11:30

A quite nice dyno can you get if you take the "Bright Tines" sample from the nord piano library and ad some high an middle high eq, perhaps some compressor and chorus effect.

The author daniel70 was thanked by:
amadosebenezer
daniel70

Postby Johannes » 21 Sep 2014, 12:17

@daniel70, do you have a setting or program for the settings you are talking about?
IN general I thought it would be nice if Nord released a piano sample of a Dyno-ed Rhodes (The Korg Patch the OP is referring to is obviously an emulation with it's own rights but sounds very much like the original Rhodes Mod to me, at least from your example.)
I agree that a DX7 EP comes quite close, e.g., this sample: nord-user-samples-nsmp-samples-f14/dx7-rhodes-t2992.html#p17780
But a full piano sample would be nice, or a one layer sample based on a real Dyno Rhodes or the Korg Emulation of it.

UPDATE: PLayed around following daniel70's szuggestions and indeed the Bright Sample lends itself with some EQing, Compressor, Chorus to some not too bad Dyno Emulation. Can be improved of course, but here is my try:

Attachments
DynoPiano_Demo.mp3
(586.94 KiB) Downloaded 7779 times
DynoPiano .ns2p
(547 Bytes) Downloaded 505 times
Last edited by Johannes on 21 Sep 2014, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.

The author Johannes was thanked by 2 members, including:
Marlowesamadosebenezer
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby amadosebenezer » 21 Sep 2014, 15:53

ok my friends, first at all, thank you, did sleep yesterday thinking : what i have done:(...this is my " frankens-tines"... :lol:
please try it and don´t kill me please
i made it so...
Attachments
dynopiano.nsmp
dynopiano
(8.58 MiB) Downloaded 892 times
amadosebenezer

Postby pablomastodon » 22 Sep 2014, 16:06

For the benefit of some of the "young-uns" around here, the "dyno" piano is NOT an old Yamaha/Korg program. As alluded to by Johannes, it was a mod available to Rhodes owners prominently advertised in Contemporary Keyboard mag and other places in the early 80's: "dyno my piano." Some enterprising guys designed and sold some aftermarket electronics mod for Rhodes instruments. The Yamaha/Korg program was an attempt to copy the sound achieved by the dyno mod. It should also be noted that since there are many many difference Rhodes sounds based on how the instrument was set up (and which version it was), there were consequently several different dyno sounds as well -- there isn't really one "true" dyno sound.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by 5 members, including:
David7685amadosebenezerJohanneselektrominMarlowes
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Rusty Mike » 22 Sep 2014, 19:31

Pablo, you are showing your age, my friend. :D

I remember very vividly when DynoMyPiano came out. I was a huge fan of Al Jarreau and the sound Tom Canning got from his Rhodes. There was a local dealer in the greater NYC area who performed the modification, but I was a poor musician at the time, and could not afford to have the work done on my Rhodes.

It's also true that every single Rhodes piano played different and sounded different. I would say, though, that the Brite Tines piano in the Nord Library comes darn close. It's a very versatile sample set. It responds well to EQ manipulation and has a stronger voice in the primary soloing area than some of the other EP samples.

Mike
Mike from Central NJ, USA
Tools: Ten fingers, two feet, middle-age brain, questionable judgement and taste
Nords: Piano 5 73, Stage 2EX 76 HP, Electro 6D 73

The author Rusty Mike was thanked by:
amadosebenezer
Rusty Mike

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 6

Postby daniel70 » 23 Sep 2014, 16:48

@Johannes, sorry, i don't have a setting or a program for the Bright Tines sample because i don't use it anymore and i deleted it to make place for the new amped Wurly, which i like very much in opposite to the new amped Rhodes 7…
daniel70

Next

Return to Nord User Samples (*.nsmp, *.nsmp3, *.nsmp4 files)