The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

C2D & Hauptwerk

Postby orcoaffamato » 31 Aug 2014, 17:44

Hi, is there anybody here that uses the C2D with Hauptwerk?

I downloaded the Hauptwerk software and I'm going to sell some of my synths to eventually buy a C2 or a C2D, 'cause I can't find a decent midi master keyboard with the possibility to add the Clavia Nord Pedal Key 27 that I will probably buy too in the future.
I was checking the Doepfer D3M Organ Keyboard too, that can be chained via midi, but still remains unknown if the Pedal Key will work with them. :?:
There is a double key midi keyboard on sale at Thomann, but it costs like a Nord C2... :wtf:

I'd like to know also if u can assign the drawbars of the C2D to open/close the registers via midi.

By the way, which of the two would you suggest to buy? C2 or C2D? I checked some prices and the C2 is on sale at around €1600, the C2D at around €2900, but I found a shop that sells them at €2350 and it sells an ex-demo one at €1950 with the bag (that would be the classic bang for the buck).
Last edited by orcoaffamato on 31 Aug 2014, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
orcoaffamato

C2D & Hauptwerk

Sponsor

Re: C2D & Hauptwerk

Postby jgowen » 01 Sep 2014, 16:07

Mon 9/01/2014 9:56 am. If you can stand it, see owenlabs.org/nord, where I blather on about this very subject endlessly. Owenlabs.org/hwerk is where I start blathering about hauptwerk.

I bought the C2 before there was a C2D, and I suspect it's better -- because the C2's "virtual" drawbars each has 2 buttons, each of which can be used to activate a combination action on the Hauptwerk.

Note incidentally that you probably don't need a "MIDI master keyboard" to get the Pedal Key 27 playing with Hauptwerk; just a MIDI/usb cable, which are like $40. Hauptwerk should "see" it in the configuration somewhere, and then you'd use Hauptwerk's "auto-learn" to assign it to the pedals. ... The same logic applies to the keyboards, so you could get away without the Nord. But I am very fond of it....

I mean it's all ridiculously complex, which is my excuse for writing so much about it.

-- jgo * owenlabs.org

The author jgowen was thanked by:
orcoaffamato
jgowen
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Re: C2D & Hauptwerk

Postby orcoaffamato » 01 Sep 2014, 19:43

jgowen wrote:Mon 9/01/2014 9:56 am. If you can stand it, see owenlabs.org/nord, where I blather on about this very subject endlessly. Owenlabs.org/hwerk is where I start blathering about hauptwerk.

Thank you I will check!
Last edited by orcoaffamato on 01 Sep 2014, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Stage 3 HP76 / Nord Lead A1R / Nord Rack 3
orcoaffamato

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum