Everything about the Nord Wave Synthesizer

Nord Wave Ableton midi time delay...

Postby Stellafive » 01 Aug 2014, 20:34

Hi there, 
I'm using a Nord Wave with Ableton Live 9 and am running into a 3 to 4 second time delay when the Wave is playing back the midi information thru the "external instrument" in Ableton.
  It is Way more than milliseconds, which presumably I could modify with the "hardware latency" knob in the external instrument.

Recording audio into Ableton is fine, recording midi notes into Ableton is fine. After exhaustive Ableton research I feel like the problem might be on the Nord Wave end...

Can anyone offer enlightment?  
Btw local controls are Off and slot a and b are sent to channels 1&2 respectively--

If you know about midi setups, I'd appreciate any help so I could possibly get back to the music:)

All the best,
Stella
Stellafive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Nord Wave Ableton midi time delay...

Sponsor

Re: Nord Wave Ableton midi time delay...

Postby Mr_-G- » 01 Aug 2014, 20:59

I never used Ableton, but I guess that this might be some delay or playback time offset in the Ableton track. You can check this by connecting any other midi kbd to the wave. If you do not hear any delay when the wave acts as slave, then Ableton settings are probably wrong.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Stellafive » 01 Aug 2014, 21:15

It is the midi triggering the synth program of the wave I'm having trouble with. Staight midi is fine... Thanks for the reply tho!
Stellafive

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Wave

Postby pablomastodon » 03 Aug 2014, 05:13

Hi Stella,

Like Mr. G, I also have little Ableton knowledge, but it is really quite inconceivable that your Wave is causing a 3-4 second delay in responding to incoming midi data. You mention that "straight midi is fine." Midi is midi. Surely there is something in Ableton responsible for this delay in transmission.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Return to Nord Wave Forum