Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Do E. Pianos have realease/key-off samples in Nords?

Postby PotentialNordGuy » 30 Jun 2014, 13:41

I'm concerned that I haven't heard any of the characteristic squeaks, squeals (snap, crackle, pops), & thuds associated with Rhodes/Wurlitzers hammer/damper rebound-the nuances to which I've grown accustomed- from any available Nord Piano 2 demos I've heard. Are they present? I currently live in a Nord-free-zone, so a personal demo of these products is impossible. I'm looking to "upgrade" from a Korg SV1, which-aside from the adjustable hammer noise-uses these rebound/key-off samples rather sparingly for my taste & making them non-adjustable burns me up.
Thanks for any replies.
PotentialNordGuy

Do E. Pianos have realease/key-off samples in Nords?

Sponsor

Re: Do E. Pianos have realease/key-off samples in Nords?

Postby Mr_-G- » 30 Jun 2014, 20:29

Do you really want pop and crackle noises? Fortunately they do not seem to be there. You need to try one in person and decide if you like it.
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Re: Do E. Pianos have realease/key-off samples in Nords?

Postby maurus » 03 Jul 2014, 20:55

Some of the EPs have release samples, some don't. Also, the release samples are sometimes only active/audible in certain ranges of the keys. As usual, Clavia has arranged the samples to have a few quirks (in voicing, tuning, and noises) here and there, or has just left the quirks of the sampled instruments, to make the sounds a little 'special'.
maurus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum