Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

Kurzweil Pc3k7?

Postby e8ndave » 16 Mar 2014, 18:49

Hi all,

Looking at a Kurzweil Pc3k7 to go with my NS2 and MOX6. Wondering if anyone here has had any experience with them or Kurzweil in general. All the video stuff I've seen makes it look like a great piece of equipment but we don't have any dealers within several hundred miles to try them out on.

Any comments would be appreciated.
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
e8ndave

Kurzweil Pc3k7?

Sponsor

Re: Kurzweil Pc3k7?

Postby sakari » 17 Mar 2014, 13:43

I had a Kurzweil PC3 (identical to the PC3k7 minus the sampling capability) I sold it for the NS2, mainly because the acoustic pianos and especially the harpsichords were not up to scratch on the PC...but it does have lots of good points, and if you can get your head around the VAST engine, it is very powerful for a very good price.

the free soundtower editor that you can download for it is very buggy and not of much use as an editor, HOWEVER, if you do examine the editor, it shows the structure of the VAST engine much better than the manual does, and allows you to work on the PC itself quickly and easily.
Stage 2 88
Roland td9+td6v drums
Gibson (E) and Norman (A) guitars, Line6 Pod XTL
Fender J-bass, Boss GT-10B
lots of headphones
3 shelter cats
Reason 6.5 Cubase 6.5 Artist, Sibelius 7, Garritan GPO JABB, EWQL SC
IPAD 2 with soft synths

The author sakari was thanked by:
e8ndave
sakari

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2