Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Odd request?

Postby mrkeyz88 » 11 Mar 2014, 17:08

Is it possible to load a sample (not piano) into the piano sample section of the NP2? One of the big things I use in worship is a strings/pad layer. So, it would be kind of cool to load one of those into an unused piano sample location so I can layer one over the other.
mrkeyz88

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Odd request?

Sponsor

Re: Odd request?

Postby Frantz » 11 Mar 2014, 18:43

Hi,
Not that odd, because one could imagine a future with one single "multilayer & full featured" sample format, but it remains in our imagination.
You can work on layering two sounds into one using Nord Sample Manager.
Have a look here for instance : Artoor's work.
F.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.

The author Frantz was thanked by:
mrkeyz88
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Re: Odd request?

Postby Cornopean » 11 Mar 2014, 18:45

mrkeyz88 wrote:Is it possible to load a sample (not piano) into the piano sample section of the NP2? One of the big things I use in worship is a strings/pad layer. So, it would be kind of cool to load one of those into an unused piano sample location so I can layer one over the other.

No. The two sample sections are different. The piano section can (and does) use multiple velocity layers, so different samples for the same note depending on how hard you strike it. The synth sample section can only contain one velocity layer per note, although you can use different samples for different notes. Hence the two are not exchangeable either way. You can't make your own piano-style, multi-velocity samples any way.

The Stage 2 can do this using both slots. No, I don't own one either, so not much use. Or you could sample the combination you want and load it as a single sample.

Al

The author Cornopean was thanked by:
mrkeyz88
Cornopean
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum