Everything about the Nord Piano, Nord Piano 2, Nord Piano 3, Nord Piano 4, Nord Piano 5, and the Nord Grand.

Re: Jazz quartet videos with NP2

Postby Dave Ferris » 03 Mar 2014, 23:50

Thanks Enrico , much appreciated. Your English is fine, I'm quite sure much better then my Italian... :)

Yes, I do enjoy the Nord Piano 2 very much, I'm coming up on 2 years of ownership this June. I do hope future samples will address the unevenness (with the newer Fazioli this is less the case) and thinning out of the pianos in the higher register.

I think for other types of music like rock or RnB, the thinning out is less noticeable in that type of playing context.. But for Jazz it really does bother me at times.

Aside from the newer Yamaha CP4, I haven't heard or played anything-yet- that would be a good replacement for the Nord Piano 2. Thanks for writing and hope you enjoy playing good Jazz with your NP2. 8-)
http://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 Steinway D
Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515, CP88
Dave Ferris

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Sponsor

Postby Pianomanit » 04 Mar 2014, 00:27

Dave Ferris wrote: I do hope future samples will address the unevenness (with the newer Fazioli this is less the case) and thinning out of the pianos in the higher register.

I think for other types of music like rock or RnB, the thinning out is less noticeable in that type of playing context.. But for Jazz it really does bother me at times.

Aside from the newer Yamaha CP4, I haven't heard or played anything-yet- that would be a good replacement for the Nord Piano 2. Thanks for writing and hope you enjoy playing good Jazz with your NP2. 8-)

..I think the same thing.
For example, I can not seem to use the gran lady d, as I have problems with little consistency in the high register and with the velocity and dinamic control of medium register, much better the bright grand, with the new velocity soft vers. firmw. 1:14
I also have the nord piano 2 for october 2012, and now I can not find a suitable replacement, all pianos seem to me more 'digital' that nord, even the CP4 for me :) (surely those who play rock and pop has less demands of us that play jazz) :keyboard:
Last edited by Pianomanit on 04 Mar 2014, 00:29, edited 1 time in total.
Pianomanit

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 2

Postby Pianomanit » 04 Mar 2014, 00:33

Dave Ferris wrote:
Aside from the newer Yamaha CP4, I haven't heard or played anything-yet- that would be a good replacement for the Nord Piano 2.

I think the sound of the electric piano and rhodes of cp4 are horrible :twisted:
Pianomanit

Postby Dave Ferris » 06 Mar 2014, 08:41

I can honestly say that in my more acoustic straight-ahead jazz, latin, standards context--my use of a rhodes or wurli are maybe 10% of the time compared to using the APs..and that's at most.

I don't even know if I've even gone to a rhodes sound on the CP4 the few times I've played one....it's simply way, way down on the list of priorities for me. If it's anywhere in the same ballpark as the CP5 that I used to own-it's more then fine for me.
Last edited by Dave Ferris on 06 Mar 2014, 08:42, edited 1 time in total.
http://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

2005 Steinway D
Yamaha AvantGrand N3X, P-515, CP88
Dave Ferris

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand

Postby Pianomanit » 06 Mar 2014, 12:23

Dave Ferris wrote:I can honestly say that in my more acoustic straight-ahead jazz, latin, standards context--my use of a rhodes or wurli are maybe 10% of the time compared to using the APs..and that's at most.
I don't even know if I've even gone to a rhodes sound on the CP4 the few times I've played one....it's simply way, way down on the list of priorities for me. If it's anywhere in the same ballpark as the CP5 that I used to own-it's more then fine for me.

Dave, for me is the same thing, I use the piano (and not the electric pianos) sound in 90% of cases.
do you think of buy the CP4?
I listened to your demo and I must say that, although the sound of the CP5 is very nice, I prefer the one in the nord
The wooden keyboard is very nice in CP5 and CP4.
Pianomanit

Previous

Return to Nord Piano / Grand Forum