Discuss other brands keyboards, synthesizers, modules, software, controllers including how they compare or work with the Nords.

iPad App?

Postby e8ndave » 31 Dec 2013, 03:01

Hi all,

Currently I've got three keyboards, NS2, MOX6 and a Kronos61. Is there a simple app available for the iPad that will allow me to select voices/performances from my iPad. I've looked at a couple but am somewhat confused by what would be best. Currently I'm looking to have some type of song reference that would allow me to choose it and setup my gear appropriately so I don't have to screw around with settings. That's it.

I'm guessing there are others out there doing this. What are you using for it?

-Dave
-Dave
[Nord Stage 3] [Nord Lead A1] [Novation Peak 8] [Deluge] [Cobalt8M] [Base Station II] [PolyBrute] [Subsequent 37]
e8ndave

iPad App?

Sponsor

Re: iPad App?

Postby soratach » 31 Dec 2013, 09:39

iMidiPatchBay

Should do the trick,

Happy NY!
soratach

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby Frantz » 31 Dec 2013, 10:58

+1
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby analogika » 31 Dec 2013, 12:51

Set List Maker allows you to associate sheets, lyrics, MIDI CC and program changes, and even playback or reference music with each song.

It also allows you to quickly create setlists (duh) from a repository of songs, sorted by projects.

You can advance through the songs, flipping pages and/or patches, using an optional Bluetooth pedal, by hand, or on a timed schedule.

You can also wirelessly sync multiple iPads on stage, so that spontaneous set changes keep everybody on the same page. (This requires an in-app purchase.)

It's $3.

http://www.arlomedia.com/apps/setlistma ... stage.html

I am not affiliated with these guys, but their app is a winner. I find it extremely useful, if rather deep (I'm only scratching the surface so far). But it may be more than you need.
Last edited by analogika on 31 Dec 2013, 12:53, edited 1 time in total.
The Nord giveth; the Nord taketh away…
"The Angels of Libra are in the European vanguard of the [retro soul] movement“ (Bill Buckley, Soul and Jazz and Funk)
The Drawbars — off jazz organ trio
analogika

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 3

Postby Frantz » 02 Jan 2014, 11:48

It requires an in-app purchase to send Midi Program Change it will cost you a little more.

The following advanced features require in-app purchases (paid upgrades):

Attach documents to your songs: $2.99. To purchase this feature, tap the Edit button for a song, then tap the Documents button. This feature is included in the basic app if first installed before version 3.0. More info

Record and play back automation tracks in the Perform window: $2.99. To purchase this feature, navigate to Settings > Automation > Song Selection Actions and turn on the Play Automation Track option. More info

Link iOS devices for screen sharing or remote control: $2.99. To purchase this feature, navigate to Settings > Device Linking and turn on one of the Broadcast options. More info

Synchronize databases between multiple devices: $3.99 per iTunes account. To purchase this feature, navigate to Settings > Database Sync, enter a sync name and password and tap Sync Now. More info

Send and receive MIDI data: $3.99. To purchase this feature, navigate to Settings > Automation > Song Selection Actions and enable one of the MIDI options, or navigate to Settings > Tempo & Pitch and enable the MIDI beat clock option, or navigate to Settings > Remote Control and enable one of the MIDI input options. More info: sending or receiving

One may have a look at "Yamaha Set List Organiser" too.
http://displaychord.arfntz.fr
A mobile app to display chord names while you play, using midi / bluetooth connection.
Frantz
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Return to General Synthesizers/Keyboards Forum