Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

key bushings and audio jack

Postby brettburton » 21 Dec 2013, 07:51

I'm trying to resurrect my Nord Lead 2. It took a beating when I was performing with it and then it sat for 2 years when I moved to a smaller space. I took it apart and cleaned everything tonight, but I need to replace some key bushings and one 1/4" audio jack. I spent the last hour digging on the internet and haven't had much luck. Anyone know where to get some key bushings? I've seen the 1/4" jack for sale at ridiculous markup, but I'm hoping to find it at a reasonable price. Someone posted the RN112APC paert number for a different Nord, does anyone know if that one will also work for the Nord Lead 2? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
brettburton

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

key bushings and audio jack

Sponsor

Re: key bushings and audio jack

Postby Marko7 » 22 Dec 2013, 06:31

Key bushings: http://www.syntaur.com/4344.html

The 1/4" jack PN you stated is a Switchcraft part number which can be obtained from most any electronic parts supply house for under $4.00 USD- see Mouser Electronics. That particular one is a circuit board mount type and if memory servers me right my NL3 uses the same type. I would also get from Syntaur the bubble strip contact pads for the KB: http://www.syntaur.com/nord.html and replace all or them if this KB had a lot of hard use.
Marko7

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby Mr_-G- » 22 Dec 2013, 12:47

Have a look at Pablo's post in this thread:
post38335.html?hilit=syntaur#p38335
Mr_-G-

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

Postby pablomastodon » 22 Dec 2013, 18:45

For folks who are simply missing a couple key bushings, etc., please contact me at:

pablo.mastodon@AmericanMusicandSound.com

and I will happily throw some in the mail gratis. This is a simple thing for me in the US, but does get slightly more complicated for me with Canada because customs forms are a drag and postage costs more.

The 1/4" connectors used by Nord since the beginning of time are Switchcraft. I am attaching a document I have compiled from open Nords on my bench. It is not yet quite complete, but it is accurate. Those parts can usually be found from multiple sources online for less than $5.

PHONE CONNECTORS.txt
1/4" Connector List
(1.16 KiB) Downloaded 172 times

with regard to refurbing keybeds, especially those with unknown histories picked up on eBay, I do not like the solution of replacing rubber contact strips only. There are two sides to the mating contact surfaces and to my brain it just doesn't make sense to go to all that trouble and effort of tearing everything apart and putting it back together to install nice new clean rubber strips on an old worn out PCB. If you want fresh-out-of-the-box performance from your instrument, you are much better served to replace the entire contact assemblies. As an added bonus, that can shave an hour off of the time it takes to do the job.

Bless,

Pablo
bun fyah weh fyah fi bun

The author pablomastodon was thanked by:
Johannes
pablomastodon
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby brettburton » 22 Dec 2013, 23:52

Thanks so much to everyone for the help. I'm excited to get my Nord back into playable shape!

-Brett
brettburton

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum