This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Piano2 vs electro hp

Postby Nomad » 13 Dec 2013, 20:51

I'm considering buying a nord , I much prefer the piano action keys but I'm not sure which of these two would be best for me. Can I get some opinions as to why I would want over the other one ? I just play at home and record into GarageBand with satisfactory results for what I do as an amateur hobbyist. Been playing piano for decades and I'm living in a situation where I can't have a real piano. I've tried out the electo 3 in stores never had a chance to try the piano2 or electro hp.
Nomad

Piano2 vs electro hp

Sponsor

Re: Piano2 vs electro hp

Postby rb4u1 » 14 Dec 2013, 08:48

The Hp has a piano-like action but may be less than perfect for the aspiring pianist.
The Hp although having a piano like action is one of the lightest pianos to carry.

The Nord. Piano has a more realistic feel but is heavier.
The Nord Piano does not have the B3 organ sounds
Otherwise, the two keyboards have the same sounds.
rb4u1

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Re: Piano2 vs electro hp

Postby pterm » 16 Dec 2013, 07:45

The Electro keyboards:

The Piano2
  • supports layering and dual sounds,
  • Has the full Hammer-Action keybed (up to 88 keys) or the lighter-weight HP
  • supports full piano triple pedal emulation/simulation with Nord three pedal accessory
  • Supports Gen2 String Resonance (during sustain and with held keys).

As a hobbyist myself, I recommend you take your time and test drive as many keyboards as possible: Find out what features you love on each and prioritize. The Nord keyboards are beautiful to look at, with beautiful sounds but come with a design targeted for ease-of-use on-stage. This means Nord's lower models tend to be feature-limited compared to similarly-priced keyboards from other manufacturers.
pterm
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3

Return to General Nord Forum