This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Re: WHICH ONE TO BUY?

Postby allthumbs » 21 Nov 2013, 23:27

That is really useful information, thanks. I love the 'split' feature, so that eliminates the Electro. I'll be putting the kb through our Arcam home stereo, and through headphones, although I have a bass amp and a guitar amp I can try if necessary.

Thanks for pointing out the difference between the HP and HA. I have compared the weights of the models and this supports that HP/HA difference being correct. Theoretically, at least, that rules out the HP, leaving me with just the Stage HA76 and perhaps the Korg SV1 (although I don't think this has splits, so it may be ruled out too - I'll check). It so happens that a fairly local store's website says both of these are on demo (well they have the HA88, which I understand is identical except in size to the HA76), and they have a Piano 2 73 in stock, so I'll go and check them all out.

I haven't been able to find any other fully weighted 76 or 73, so the ones I'm looking at seem to be the choices available, and right now I'm pretty confident that the HA76 is going to be just the job!

Thanks again.
Last edited by allthumbs on 22 Nov 2013, 11:13, edited 1 time in total.
allthumbs

Sponsor

Postby allthumbs » 22 Nov 2013, 23:17

So now I am a Nord owner! Well, I will be in a week or two as the shop is out of stock, but it is ordered, along with a Nord stand and other stuff.

I've ordered the Stage 2 76HA. The Piano 2 73 HP keys were very different to the HAs, and that decided it. I didn't really want the complicated one, although I'm looking forward to exploring all those toys - but I expect I'll be back on the forum begging for help in due course.....

Thanks for all your help.
allthumbs

Previous

Return to General Nord Forum