Everything about the Clavia Nord Modular G2, G1, and Micromodular Synthesizers.

new to NM but not modular

Postby amnesia » 06 Nov 2013, 00:25

Hi all

I am looking to buy a NM but need some advice.

Should I get NM1 or 2?
Will it work with OSX or Mavericks? or iPad? if so what programs do I need to get?

I have a great real modular system but would love that nord sound to program on my MacBook Pro 2010

ANy advice greatly appreciated.
amnesia

new to NM but not modular

Sponsor

Re: new to NM but not modular

Postby mjbrands » 06 Nov 2013, 01:13

amnesia wrote:Will it work with OSX or Mavericks? or iPad? if so what programs do I need to get?

On a Mac, it will only work on a Mac with a PowerPC processor (and probably 10.5 or older). Your best option would probably be running Windows XP (or 98) under some kind of virtualisation solution, such as VirtualBox (http://www.virtualbox.org, free for non-commercial use), Parallels or VMware Fusion. Personally I use Parallels on my Mac for running Windows stuff, including the occasional game.

Scratch that. I just downloaded the editor and it seems to work fine on my iMac (still on 10.8, there's too much stuff that still causes issues on Mavericks). My comment above is just uninformed slander. :mrgreen:
mjbrands

Postby amnesia » 06 Nov 2013, 05:05

I have 10.8.5 and downloaded the editor from Nord web page said it was unsupported?
amnesia

Postby mjbrands » 06 Nov 2013, 17:27

amnesia wrote:I have 10.8.5 and downloaded the editor from Nord web page said it was unsupported?

I thought it wasn't supported, but I can find a page that says that - it seemed to start fine (but I don't have a Modular, so can't check further than starting it).
mjbrands

Return to Nord Modular Forum