The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

B3 in NE3

Postby S-V-S » 21 Aug 2013, 15:13

Does it make sense to buy a Neo Ventilator to my Nord Electro 3?
Where do you see the organ sounds better:
1.Nord Electro 3
2.Nord Electro 3+Neo ventilator
3.Nord C2D
S-V-S

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

B3 in NE3

Sponsor

Re: B3 in NE3

Postby rb4u1 » 22 Aug 2013, 07:13

I think this may be a question only you can answer.
The overdrive of the vent is very smooth. The depth of the rotor settings
Can be more pronounced on the vent. They have been expensive but rumour is that Neo
will produce a new less expensive unit. Also, another manufacturer has released a Leslie Sim.
The Burn. I haven't seen or heard it. Meanwhile, at this point the ventilator is either temporarily out of stock
Or to be replaced. Either way, new ones are probably difficult to find. If money is an issue at all I would wait.
rb4u1

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 4

Postby S-V-S » 22 Aug 2013, 07:55

And you can learn more about the new simulator?
S-V-S

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby Six-string-man » 22 Aug 2013, 11:18

The Ventilator is now out of production. You may be lucky, and be able to find a dealer who still has one in stock, but most places have sold out. The Ventilator II will not be available until early in 2014. Sorry!

There have been problems with the less expensive smaller - and less well specced - unit, with a lot having to be returned to Neo Instruments. This may adversely affect the release date of the new model
Six-string-man

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 3

Postby lily0971 » 16 Oct 2013, 13:02

I tried a Neo Vent in order to improve my NE3 Leslie Sim. After a week of tests, I gave that pedal back : no great improvement ... I mean not enough to justify the Neo Vent price. Yes, you can clearly hear the sound spinnig around you but when you play with other musicians, no one in the audience can hear the difference between Neo Vent or NE3 Leslie internal sim.
Fabe
lily0971

Your Nord Gear #1: Other Brand
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby tacitus » 16 Oct 2013, 21:20

I think you're over-thinking this, S-V-S - I know because I've gone through exactly the same process until I finally bought my C2D. In my case, it was between the C2D and the Hammond XK3C, but in the end I figured that both had enthusiasts and detractors, with regard to both the B3 emulation and the Leslie emulation, so I decided in the end that as I wanted the baroque organ and the whole thing would be cheaper, I'd go for the C2D. In a band, or even playing solo, the differences are much smaller than the breadth of a man's talent, and if you can play the thing, that's fine. If you can't, well ... .
Also, I discovered that physically moving air with a real rotary is the best, even if it's not tubes and even if it's not an actual Leslie. But the moving air thing might be lost if you mike up a Leslie in a band, so you need the 3300 to have a bit more volume and even then it might not be enough for a loud rock band.
99% of punters will not know or care: the other 1% would most likely be fooled if you put your sim through the PA and stood a dummy Leslie at the back of the stage somewhere! Come to think of it, you could have one on wheels and put all your other gear in it for transport.
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby Westside Ryan » 16 Oct 2013, 22:18

Nord C2D with a Mini Vent! (Hal starts out with the SK2 and then switches to the C2D):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OUIojkg84g

Here's some other links with videos on the Mini Vent:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHje9ioL2Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL31HuS1RYs
Last edited by Westside Ryan on 16 Oct 2013, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Westside Ryan

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Postby JoeCool » 16 Oct 2013, 23:03

there is a video where they show the midi possibilities of the "Burn" together with a NE3:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBU4uDMb0UU

looks promising, but I like the NE3 organ simulation as is. Had a jazz jam last weekend, everybody was amazed about the organ sound (including left hand bass) of that little red beast.
JoeCool

Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum