Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

Re: Some Nord Lead 4 Demos

Postby chvad » 11 Oct 2013, 18:33

That is funny. I was surprised by the stepping. I really love the interface on the Lead 4... but I am having a hard time understanding how my Alesis Ion which I bought new the day it launched for half the cost of the Nord has zero stepping and that was 11 years ago. I only compare the two on the stepping.
chvad

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Sponsor

Postby mjbrands » 11 Oct 2013, 23:29

chvad wrote:my Alesis Ion which I bought new the day it launched for half the cost of the Nord

Did you factor in inflation?

Anyway, the Alesis Ion is a pretty awesome synth too. I've heard some very analog sounding sounds front it it it looks like it has a pretty nice control surface.
mjbrands

Postby chvad » 12 Oct 2013, 00:01

HAHAHA! Have I been alive long enough to factor in inflation? This is potentially upsetting! I didn't! The Ion has been good to me and Ive toured it around for the past 6 of those 111 years without fail so no complaints. It's just got a a decent amount of menu action happening I wanted to get away from. :) That inflation thing is killing me! This is what happens when you play music for too long.
chvad

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 4
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Postby SocProf » 12 Oct 2013, 06:47

Inflation has been modest in the last decade in the US. I'm pretty sure the price of an Ion when it came out in 2002 was considerably less than that of the Nord Lead 3 (or the Nord Lead 2x a year later). Nord gear is expensive relative to the competition. Obviously a lot of people think the price is worth it or they wouldn't stay in business.

In any case, great demos!
Last edited by SocProf on 12 Oct 2013, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.
SocProf

Previous

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum