The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Nord C2D Dimensions (Half-Moon Switch & Music Rest)

Postby jazzspire » 02 Oct 2013, 18:21

I'm looking at building a customer hard case for the C2D and planning on getting the half-moon switch and the wide music rest. I might cut out a cavity for the music rest. Nord published the width and height as 70 x 25 cm (27.6" x 9.8"). Does anyone own the extra wide music rest and know what the depth required for an internal cavity in a hard case would be to store the music stand underneath the keyboard.

Likewise, what are the dimensions of the half-moon switch and what is the measurement from the left side of the Nord C2D where the half-moon switch protrudes form the lower manual? I'm looking to put enough foam in front of the lower manual to allow for a cutout for the half-moon switch.

Any experience with leaving the half-moon switch in place with a case that accommodates or is that a bad idea due if you inadvertently smash the switch when you are packing/unpacking it from the hardcase?
jazzspire

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage EX
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2D

Nord C2D Dimensions (Half-Moon Switch & Music Rest)

Sponsor

Re: Nord C2D Dimensions (Half-Moon Switch & Music Rest)

Postby tacitus » 02 Oct 2013, 19:20

The half-moon switch will fit in any of four positions along the front of the manuals, so you need to know where you're going to put it. Alternatively, plan to sit the C2D in a recess on the lid of the case and make the rest of the case fit over it. That way, you can plonk the while thing on the keyboard and then take the top off and hey, presto, you're ready to go. Plus, the wire from the half-moon to the socket on the back will be trapped between the organ and the case so you don't snag it.

When I can get at my C2D I'll get some measurements - I have the music rest and the half-moon switch, so I should be able to give you the info you need some time tomorrow. I bought the soft case, which so far seems to be OK, but I haven't taken it out much yet. I know it's not cheap, but this is the first time I've had the chance to buy the whole kit in one go, so I took it. I got a reasonable deal on the C2D itself, which has effectively paid for the half-moon, the music rest, the C2D soft case and most of the Pedal key soft case. Of all the bits, I'm least happy with the music rest, because it's quite a way off from me. Not a bad distance for my varifocals, but still trying for small print. I might build an adapter to bring it forward and to raise it so I can still get at the controls underneath.
tacitus

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum