Nord's classical Virtual Analog Synth Nord LEAD 1/2/2x/3/4/A1 and Nord Rack versions

a not very used nord2x coul'd be broked?

Postby luizfbw » 22 Sep 2013, 03:18

hey....sorry for soo bothering in this forum but im really worried

i always stranged the sound of my new NLx2, after hearing some punching,bassin,heavy demos out there from nl2x i never reached this point( and i know a good info of synthesis,from vst experiencie)...now that i fixed my sound card problem and was producing a new track i noted i cant do some really cool sounds...

i followed a youtube video and made the same preset the guy made,a supersaw with noise...and hell...very noisy crap sound...

my point is...if someone can give me some good bassy sysex file, to test here and record,and to show back, to see if something is wrong on my nord...

i buyed from internet, from a very good shop in another town, the guy said it was brandly new, a showroom piece,not so used...but the manual is pencil risked on bank patchs, something from a user..........it could have been broken, and now its still sounding with quality, like a cheap synth, that the sound dosent have noises or crapiness but its not soo cool as expensive synth??could be like that? or a broken nl2x would not been good enough for nothing?

o crap =( i payed like 20% less than a new one...im f**** worried...the priece of a motorcycle in my country
luizfbw

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

a not very used nord2x coul'd be broked?

Sponsor

Re: a not very used nord2x coul'd be broked?

Postby luizfbw » 22 Sep 2013, 03:33

here is a demo of a track im doing.....90% is nord....the first melodie lead and the second that comes after in a higher scale is sylenth, after that is pure nord,fx are all nord,bass,grooved sounds....

i could do that if it had some problem?

the sound is a little bit loud,clipping,dunno way, maybe i changed the master volume before recording
Attachments
Nordic Invansion.mp3
(5.42 MiB) Downloaded 350 times
luizfbw

Postby RedLeo » 22 Sep 2013, 03:41

I wouldn't panic, your synth is working fine. If it was broken, you wouldn't be able to use it at all, it would be very obvious. Learning how to make the sounds you want is a long learning process. You should just take your time and not expect to become an expert in synth programming overnight. Just keep working away and enjoy your machine, everything will come good in time.
RedLeo
Patch Creator

Postby Nordlicht » 22 Sep 2013, 13:37

Hi luizfbw,

I also think that your NL2X can't be "a bit broken".

I have attached some files that can help you to check your unit:

An audio mp3-file with 4 different sounds of my NL2X, and also the sysex-files of the 4 sounds that you can load into the NL2X:

The audio file: AS-Nord Lead 2X Test.mp3 where you can hear 4 different sounds one after another in one track with a short pause between
(Recording with no effect or EQ...).

:!: :!: :!: ATTENTION: Pay attention to your speakers or headphones, start with low volume :!: :!: :!:

The data files:
1)
AS-Pure Saw.syx
only saw, no modulations, no unison
(139 Bytes) Downloaded 152 times

This is just a "basic sound" to check if your unit works fine.

2)
AS-Pure Pulse.syx
only pulse, no modulations, no unison
(139 Bytes) Downloaded 151 times

LIke (1) but witz pulse wave.

3)
AS-Fat Pulse.syx
pulse, unison, morphing of the filter
(139 Bytes) Downloaded 141 times

A sample of a fat pulse lead sound.

4)
AS-Fat Pulse FM.syx
pulse, unison, morphing of the FM-amount
(139 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times

A very wide sound with FM-modulation.

Just check and compare if your NL2X sounds in the same manner than in the respective mp3-file.

I think that the "factory presets" of the NL2X are mostly a bit of thin and "electronical". It is really possible to make fat and heavy bass and solo sounds with some warmth and "analogue feeling". Add some reverb or delay - and it rocks!

I wish you the best and have fun!
Attachments
AS-Nord Lead 2X Test.mp3
Audio file with the 4 different sounds
(2.94 MiB) Downloaded 174 times
Last edited by Nordlicht on 22 Sep 2013, 14:46, edited 1 time in total.
Nord Piano 5 + Nord Piano Monitors, Nord Stage 4 Compact + other stuff
https://soundcloud.com/spektralfarben
Nordlicht
Donator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Piano 5
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 4

Postby luizfbw » 22 Sep 2013, 20:29

well thanks alot Nordlitch and everyone....its ok, i tested the files....the only thing bad is my soundcard fast trak pro,wich loss a little bit o quality but is not a problem....

Is that hard to make Andi Vax patchs? i know how to make some cool patchs on VSTS.....it cant be soooo hard on NORD...i heard top sounding...

anyone ever used a fast track pro with synth?

thanks
luizfbw

Postby luizfbw » 22 Sep 2013, 20:53

im trying to make anykinda of supersaw sound,based on a youtube video,with saw on osc1 and noise in osc2 and i only get crap....dammit
luizfbw

Postby luizfbw » 22 Sep 2013, 22:08

actually im very disapointed with my nord lead2x....something is wrong, as i said, im not bad with sinthezis.....

maybe is the output mode, im using to cables on outpout A and B, function 1.ab, sou card dosent seems cause when i heard directly on headphone it have a slightly better sound .....

someone got some verry punchy patch to sysex share?
luizfbw

Return to Nord Lead / Rack Forum