The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

C2D Pipe organ sound to Stage 2

Postby lutonbod » 03 Sep 2013, 09:49

Hi Guys,

Just a a quick one.. I have a stage two and need as an authentic a pipe organ as i can find. The pipe organ patches on the
C2D seem great and my question is there any way of poatching them to the stage 2 ?

I have no idea how to as im a bit of a noob to the nord...

Many thanks

Matt / Lutonbod
lutonbod

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2

C2D Pipe organ sound to Stage 2

Sponsor

Re: C2D Pipe organ sound to Stage 2

Postby Johannes » 03 Sep 2013, 11:11

Hi Matt,

The C2D has a separate Baroque Pipe Organ Engine the Nord Stage 2 does not have, therefore there is a priori no way of porting patches using this engine to a NS2 (using .ns2p programs).
The best way IMHO would be to use samples instead. While the Nord Sample Library does IIRC not contain any Pipe Organ Samples, you could even create them yourself, e.g., based on a C2D setting if you manage to get hold of one for the sampling. (Or you find someone owning a C2(D) nice enough to sample a patch for you ;-)
Alternatively, you could try some samples other fellow members have contributed on this forum. Just do a in-page search (Strg+F) on the Nord Sample Collection website: nord_sample_collection.php
It should give you around five samples you can try.

Cheers!
Johannes

PS. This sub-forum is the right one for your post, so I removed the double posting (see forum rule #4).
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby lutonbod » 03 Sep 2013, 11:42

thanks a Million johannes,

Can you "briefly" advise me how to go about creating a patch from scrathch samples.. I'm quit happy to have a go at it but a little sketchy as to how...

Many thanks for your swift respionse.. This forum is lifesaving

Matt
lutonbod

Postby Johannes » 03 Sep 2013, 12:19

lutonbod wrote:advise me how to go about creating a patch from scrathch samples

Now you mean creating a patch from "scratch samples"? like record scratching? I have somewhere some samples for that.
Or you mean creating a patch using samples "from scratch"? Maybe makes more sens in your context. In this case, have a look at this point in the Nord User FAQ: nord-user-faq.php#nord-sample-editor

For quite a while we have been thinking of putting together a video of how to create samples for the Nords, but it's still TBD (hopefully finished by the end of october), so for the time being, reading the manual of the Sample Editor, and the link above might work as a start. First thing is to get a good sample to start with!!

Cheers!
Johannes
Administrator

Postby lutonbod » 07 Sep 2013, 15:08

Hi johannes,

No, sorry for the misundersatnding.. I meant how do youy create a nord stage two patch .ns2p ? I cant seem to find how to create one ? I have some .wav files of my own and would like to crest some .ns2p Programs of my own ?

Can you help me ? The manual doesnt make sense.. I'm assuming you can do this in the nord sample editor but it wont let me save or generta a .ns2p..

Thanks

Matt
lutonbod

Postby Johannes » 07 Sep 2013, 15:17

Hi,
You first need to create a sample file. nsmp using the sample editor, then edit the patch using this sample in the Synth section and then you can save it as a program, and export it as n2sp file. But this n2sp file will NOT contain the sample itself, you always need it together with the sample, ie, the nsmp file.

Hope this makes sense.
Johannes
Administrator

Postby lutonbod » 07 Sep 2013, 15:28

so in other words you have to load a .nsmp file onto the stage two ? save that as a patch on the stage 2? export from the stage 2 back to laptop ?
lutonbod

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum