Everything about the new Nord Drum and the Nord Beat 2 App.

Nord Drum off/on

Postby murph » 12 Jul 2013, 03:02

Hi there!
I'm thinking about buying a Nord Drum to incorporate into my live set, but only if I can find a way to turn it on/off (essentially mute/unmute) on the fly with a trigger pad or pedal - Is this possible? I play in a pop rock band and would love to be able to layer up the great sounds of the Nord Drum with my mic'd up kit by dropping them in on choruses and such. Short of relying on someone else at the desk to move the fader up/down I don't know how I'd do it!
Any ideas?
Thanks, Chris.
murph

Nord Drum off/on

Sponsor

Re: Nord Drum off/on

Postby wartaler » 12 Jul 2013, 14:09

Hi!

Great idea to beef/spice up your acoustic kit with the ND, I can imagine you then sometimes want to mute the ND,
some ideas;

1) put an on/off foot pedal between Nord Drum and the amp/mixer, (e.g. Boss AB-2 switch can be used for that, and switches silently)
but with the Nord Drum2 it has to be a stereo version - which I can't find on the internet - perhaps a stereo volume pedal like a Boss FV500L

2) With the Nord Drum2 some parameters will be controllable thru MIDI, I don't know yet which, so perhaps with a midi foot pedal - or some other midi device - you will be able to mute it..

3) With a programmable MIDI foot pedal like the Yamaha MFC10 you can send program changes, and if you then create a silent patch on the ND ...

In general it would be nice to be able to select patches, or control one or 2 parameters with a foot pedal, - but this Yamaha pedal is quite big and expensive,..

Cheers,
Albert
Last edited by wartaler on 23 Jul 2013, 13:38, edited 4 times in total.
Nord Drum 2, Drum (1), Lead 4, Lead 2x, Stage 'Classic', Micro Modular
wartaler

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage Classic
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Drum 2

Return to Nord Drum Forum