The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

Re: Weight of C2 in softcase

Postby jonas » 27 Jun 2013, 08:45

Spider wrote:
jonas wrote:So I ended up buying a C2D instead with the soft case. And a car. :)

wow, THAT'S a serious gear aquisition syndrome! :lol:

:thumbup: :clap:

Lol. :) No, not really. I was going to buy a used C2 but I waited too long, so another buyer got it first. And since I need one for gigs this summer I had no choice but to buy a new C2D, though I got it new for less than 80% of the regular price! And me and my wife have been thinking about getting a car since we became parents a while ago, so it doesn't really have anything to do with my organ purchase. But I won't deny the convenience of getting a car now that I have an instrument that needs a car to transport. ;)
Last edited by jonas on 27 Jun 2013, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
jonas

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Sponsor

Postby Mooser » 02 Jul 2013, 19:27

"I AM curious about how the CV sounds. Let us all know, Mooser."

It sounds, very, very "authentic" through the Leslie 44W. Actually, I could do with a bit less of the authentic. I'm going to try an input transformer, rather than the old "one G and ground" (to better match the balanced output Hammond pre-amp with the unbalanced input "W" [Wurlitzer] Leslie) and I might replace the two 6SJ7 tubes with a fresh pair, but authentic Hammond sound, I got enough for two organs here. I'd like to get a look at the driver diaphragm, it might be clogged with shcmutz. The Leslie is one-speed, but the bottom rotor takes so long to stop I don't miss chorale. I'd like to get a line out for reverb, too. There's a picture of the rig on another thread.
Of course, if I want "clean", I can go to the C2. In general, I'm quite pleased with it, and grateful to the person who made the trade. And it looks very nice. Key contact, which is really critical to me, is good. I haven't had it long enough to know it well, but I'm liking it more and more.
I finally got some proper mics and a board, and maybe I can even make a recording of it.

All my ideas about ramps and lifts were roundly rejected and derided, and the two macho men and me just roll-or-kari'ed all the organs up and down stairs all day! I kept on looking up at the ceiling door (which goes from the studio to the garage, at street level) and saying "why the hell didn't I finish up the lift?" But I hadn't, so I rolled and carried as best I could.

And you sorta gotta keep in mind that when I first saw a 41" Leslie, I was about the same height.
Last edited by Mooser on 02 Jul 2013, 19:49, edited 2 times in total.
Mooser

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

Postby smedegaard » 07 Jul 2013, 12:32

Hi Jonas

You can definately forget about using the original Nord case for the C2D. It is a very nice case, BUT it weighs approx. the same as the organ itself.

After learning thIs I quickly sold the case again and bought a (cheap) case at Thomann. They are selling some soft cases by their own name for very small money (approx. 250 DKK). However, in any case you should not try to move it by bicycle.

The C2D is a very nice instrument. Sold my B3 back in 1990 and did not play until now, where I first bought a Hammond SK2. However, very quickly I realized, that for an old guy like me (55 years old) the user interface was far to complicated. After a few months the C2D was introduced and I quickly sold the SK2 and got a C2D, which is really a perfect instrument (also sounds better than the SK2)e

Good luck with it (but take good care of it and please do not transport it on a bicycle). In this case you should buy a Nord Electro 3 or 4 (approx. 10 kg) with a Nord softcase for this, which it perfect for "back-pack" transportation.
smedegaard

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2D
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Electro 3

Previous

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum