This is the right place if your topic concerns different Nord Keyboards, you are not sure which one is the right one for you, etc.

Nord Electro 3 and Nord Piano

Postby danschneider » 30 Jun 2013, 15:44

Hello everyone,
what are you thinkin of playing a nord piano and a nord electro 3 in a rig?
Is it possible to play a piano sound from the nord piano with a pads ound from the nord electro 3 layered at the nord piano? (maybe over midi)

Thanks a lot.
danschneider

Nord Electro 3 and Nord Piano

Sponsor

Re: Nord Electro 3 and Nord Piano

Postby mjbrands » 01 Jul 2013, 21:13

Sure. Assuming you've got the Piano set to the default setting (= MIDI channel 1, see page 16 of the manual) as well as the Electro 3 (= MIDI channel 1, page 19 of the manual), you just plug in a MIDI cable with one end into the MIDI out port on the Piano and the other into the MIDI in port on the Electro. That's it.

I do have two additional suggestions: set Program Change Mode (also page 16 of the Piano manual) to Off. That way, when you change the program on the Piano the Electro will not change programs. My reason for suggesting it is that the way the Electro will follow program changes may not be very obvious - give it a try, but I think it is easier to manually change the programs on the Piano and the Electro. The second one is setting Control Change mode to Off, for similar reasons.
mjbrands

Postby bluesbaba » 01 Jul 2013, 21:17

Sound advise mjbrands!
bluesbaba

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 5

Postby danschneider » 02 Jul 2013, 16:39

Thank you so much.
Now I know, that it will work.
But what do you think, is it a good idea to play both of them?

I mean, sometimes I could use only the Nord Piano, if I play (just) piano, when I am playing alone.
And if I will play in the band, i can use both of them, or for small gigs just the electro 3.
danschneider

Return to General Nord Forum