Everything about the Nord Electro 2, Electro 3, Electro 4, Electro 5, and Nord Electro 6.

Panic

Postby qwert » 07 Jun 2011, 16:09

This question may look stupid, but I can't understand what's the 'panic' function, written under the second Octave Shift button of my NE3. I tried to press Shift + second Octave Shift button, but nothing changed.
Last edited by qwert on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
qwert
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Panic

Sponsor

Re: Panic

Postby Johannes » 07 Jun 2011, 16:30

Haha, that's funny, what would one expect from a button labeled "Panic" on a keyboard?

Maybe start automatically playing the "Final Countdown" Intro when you are about to faint or busy with something else in order to keep the show going, or light up the C4 key so you get reoriented when lost in a "Light my Fire" kind of hallucinating solo, or blowing the fuse in your guitarist's Marshal Stack when he keeps playing that distorted sound he likes so much during your solo, or just a direct connection to the waitress indicating discretely you are in the urge of a beer... ;-)

OK just kiddin'. In reality, I think what it does it it sends "All Notes Off" commands on all MIDI channels in order to stop hung or "stuck" notes which drone on and on. So obviously there is no effect when not using MIDI. But can become handy when you sequence a lot. I use it quiet regularly when recording MIDI.

Hope that helps!
Cheers Johannes
Last edited by Johannes on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
Johannes
Administrator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Other Brand

Postby qwert » 07 Jun 2011, 17:32

Johannes wrote:Maybe start automatically playing the "Final Countdown" Intro when you are about to faint or busy with something else in order to keep the show going, or light up the C4 key so you get reoriented when lost in a "Light my Fire" kind of hallucinating solo, or blowing the fuse in your guitarist's Marshal Stack when he keeps playing that distorted sound he likes so much during your solo, or just a direct connection to the waitress indicating discretely you are in the urge of a beer...

...ahahaha the dreams of every keyboard player!!!
Sorry for posting this stupid question, but I wanted to be sure to know every function of my NE3...
...ufff I thought I had discovered a button which could teleport you home in case of a mistake during a live concert!!!
Last edited by qwert on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
qwert
Patch Creator

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro 3
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Lead 1/2/2x

Postby megavoice » 07 Jun 2011, 21:29

Well I think this button is to be used, when NORD announces the Electro 4 ;-)
Last edited by megavoice on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
gear list:

TONUS (ARP 2600), rhodes chroma, moog t2, minimoog, polymoog, moog t1, moog s&h generator, nord electro 3, dsi prophet
08 keyboard + 08 module,2 LP and mesa boogie gear, roland chorus echo re 501, roland re 20 space echo
megavoice

Panic

Postby Petrounic » 07 Jun 2011, 22:47

Johannes wrote:Haha, that's funny, what would one expect from a button labeled "Panic" on a keyboard?

Maybe start automatically playing the "Final Countdown" Intro when you are about to faint or busy with something else in order to keep the show going, or light up the C4 key so you get reoriented when lost in a "Light my Fire" kind of hallucinating solo, or blowing the fuse in your guitarist's Marshal Stack when he keeps playing that distorted sound he likes so much during your solo, or just a direct connection to the waitress indicating discretely you are in the urge of a beer... ;-)

OK just kiddin'. In reality, I think what it does it it sends "All Notes Off" commands on all MIDI channels in order to stop hung or "stuck" notes which drone on and on. So obviously there is no effect when not using MIDI. But can become handy when you sequence a lot. I use it quiet regularly when recording MIDI.

Hope that helps!
Cheers Johannes

Haha :() :) :() :) My favorite botton!! ;)
Last edited by Petrounic on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
Petrounic

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Stage 2
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Wave

Postby Ritchie333 » 08 Jun 2011, 01:10

It's a self destruct button. Don't press it or you'll blow your Electro up. As for The Final Countdown, Europeans of a certain age go crazy over it after a few pints in a way the British never do.

Seriously, a common use for this is if you work with a sequencer or other sound module, and either unplug it or switch to another MIDI channel, you can sometimes get hung or stuck notes. The Panic button sends a soft reset to everything which can normally fix hung notes.
Last edited by Ritchie333 on 31 Jul 2012, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.
Ritchie333

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord Electro
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord Stage 2

Return to Nord Electro Forum