The Nord C1, C2 and C2D Organ Forum

C2 error! Should I worry??

Postby dlargent » 22 May 2013, 02:57

I have a C2 with 2.0 operating system. Today I had it at my teacher's studio, and in the middle of the lesson, it freaked out. Three or four shrill notes rang out and wouldn't stop until I pressed the panic button.

Then about a minute later, the display jumped to program 108 and a few different notes rang out, and continued to ring until I played the corresponding note on the keyboard.

I tried turning it off and back on, but the same thing happened again in about a minute.

Maddeningly, when I brought the C2 home and played it, the problem didn't happen again.

Does anybody know what could be wrong? Maybe the problem was a fluke, but I'll start to worry if it ever happens again...

The author dlargent was thanked by:
Mooser
dlargent

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C2

C2 error! Should I worry??

Sponsor

Re: C2 error! Should I worry??

Postby flmc59 » 22 May 2013, 07:42

If it works fine at your house then it may be something at the teachers house that causes it.

To what was the C2 connected at the teachers house?
Are there any transmitting radio devices - etc.
flmc59

Your Nord Gear #1: Nord C1
Your Nord Gear #2: Nord C2

Postby dlargent » 22 May 2013, 13:09

We had it connected to a small Yamaha mixer with a quarter-inch cable. The power cable was plugged in to a power strip, which was also powering the mixer and a kurzweil electric piano. In addition, I have a Roland expression pedal and the nord half-moon switch attached.

I left the C-2 on all night last night at my house And everything was fine.

The author dlargent was thanked by:
Mooser
dlargent

Postby Mooser » 22 May 2013, 18:23

<i>"the display jumped to program 108"</i>

The only C2 trouble I have had is an instability in the program selectors too. They can jump around, and jump programs instead of moving one-per-press unless held. I would tend to think it might be a weakness in the button-switches, as it would take, I would think, one hell of an outside interference to get to those switches.

I would think that the inadvertent program-switching produced the 'hung' notes. There are some 'hangs' on the C2. If you switch programs or certain switches while pedals are depressed, they can 'hang'.
Last edited by Mooser on 22 May 2013, 18:27, edited 1 time in total.
Mooser

Return to Nord C1 / C2 / C2D Organ Forum